or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: C4 Coupe and Hatch (pre 2011) Problems?

C4 Doors won't lock!!!

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
connormoose   
Thu Jan 21 2010, 10:54am
Member No: #5593
Now for a new problem (from me). My rear passenger side door will not lock properly. The door seems shut, even after a good slam, but the electronics say the door is still open. So after a few tries, the computer finally says that the door is closed and only then can I lock the doors. While I was driving today, the car unlocked itself and the interior light came on, saying the that door had opened again.

I can guess it's an electronic thing but has anyone else had a similar experience? What was needed to rectify the problem and at what cost?

Ill be taking her in to the garage anyway to get her "double speed" indicators fixed by disconnecting the towbar. So I can get the work done at the same time.

Im starting to get the feeling that the car is past its best. It has been stellar up until recently. I don't want it to go wrong!
minty   
Thu Jan 21 2010, 11:44am
Member No: #151
I had the same problem on my 2005 LX HDi on the drivers side rear. Only way to lock the car was to disconnect the battery, lock the vehicle manually, see owners guide, then lock the passenger door.

To fix it is replace the door lock, contact recommended [Dealer 1] for parts, very helpful, relatively easy job, however I have built my own car.

Ian
Dave_Retired.   
Thu Jan 21 2010, 12:26pm

Member No: #1
Given all the snow and ice of late it's possible that water has entered the switch on the lock causing the problem
connormoose   
Thu Jan 21 2010, 07:23pm
Thanks Minty and Dave, at least I have now got the doors locked manually. Thanks for the tip on that one Minty. So its locked, but not alarmed. I can live with that tonight. Going to see if the garage can take me in today, else it'll have to wait a week and Im off to NYC for a few days. Joy!!

Ill post back and let you guys know how I got on with parts and cost, so anyone else who has the same problem in the future can benefit.

minty   
Thu Jan 21 2010, 07:49pm
Member No: #151
The offside rear door lock pn 9138T6 cost me 87.15, which I got from citroen southampton. Very helpful parts person. At the time most dealers had that lock on back order from france and this was the last one in the country.

Hope that helps

Minty
connormoose   
Fri Jan 22 2010, 06:00am
HOLY MOLY!!!! £87.15!!! Thats much more than I was expecting to pay.

So anyway, I remembered I have a 3rd party warranty on the car so tried to go with that. Turns out, after physically going to 7 VAT registered mechanics, not one of them will touch it under a warranty. They wont go near the things.

For one reason or another, it boils down to getting their money, quickly and getting the correct amount of money.

I even went to the Citroen dealership first. They told me they wont do the work under a 3rd party warranty, that they only work under their own warranties. They said they dont get paid.

I was told thats bulls**t. They certainly should do it. But I guess it down to the individual dealers. So now, going away tomorrow, and moving house when I come back, I have a big bill waiting for me too.

Im going to start a new thread on this matter so I can get more perspectives on the 3rd party warranty.
connormoose   
Fri Jan 22 2010, 06:47am
OK, got it sorted hopefully. Called my local dealer, Citroen Roadside, Lurgan and in my opinion, they could not have helped me any less. So got onto [Dealer 3] (think thats the right number) and they were glad to help. They were sympathetic and Im booked in for a diagnostic already. Go them.

They are going to do the work, but it is up to me to reclaim the money. I have to pay the dealer first. But they are going to communicate to the warranty people to see if its covered under warranty before doing any work.
BigJohnD   
Fri Jan 22 2010, 08:48am

Member No: #82
I can confirm that's the correct part number.

9138 T6 - SALOON - 5 Door - Right Rear Hinged Door Lock with Deadlock, Automatic Central Locking and Electric Rear Child Lock.
£70.25 + VAT = £82.54 is the recommended dealer price (before any C4 Prem Mem discount).

(Click to enlarge diagram)
connormoose   
Fri Jan 22 2010, 10:35am
Thanks Big John, but I need the left rear one.
Minty gave same part number for the rear left as you did for the right one. Are they the same product or has either one of you made a typo. If I cant get this covered by warranty, Im gonna make sure I dont get over charged. Thanks BJD. THEN Ill ask for my membership discount
BigJohnD   
Fri Jan 22 2010, 11:10am

Member No: #82
I just searched on the part number and didn't explore further.

You have an SX, so you probably don't have the electric child locks.

I'd need your VIN number to be certain which lock is yours (see the exploded parts diagram above) but the left rear locks 9137Q2 and 9137Q3 are the same price as 9138T6: £70.25 + VAT = £82.54
connormoose   
Fri Jan 22 2010, 05:37pm
Cheers BJD! Yup, the SX has the electric child locks.

OK, off to New York guys, thanks for the help. (Yes, I AM slightly showing off ).

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member