or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: C4 Coupe and Hatch (pre 2011) Problems?

Electrical problems

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
alan85   
Sun Jan 24 2010, 08:08pm
Member No: #9681
I have a 1.4VTR i have recently sent a power surge through my car blowing fuses and immobilising it
have now got it going again replacing blown fuses but have a problem with the live/memory not staying on ie stereo and trip computer and remote locking not working properly.
I can't seem to find any more fuses or solution for this. Can anyone help???
BigJohnD   
Mon Jan 25 2010, 05:30am

Member No: #82
If the stereo, door locking and trip computer are working incorrectly, then it's unlikely to be a fuse as there'd be no power.

It would seem more like you need to reset them. Disconnecting the battery for 10or 15 minutes may do it (speedo &c. will probably default beack to km/h), otherwise a trip to the Citroën dealer looks the best way.
alan85   
Mon Jan 25 2010, 07:19am
i was reading some older treads someone with a simlar problem solved this by replacing the shunt fuse
so imight give that a go aswell se what hapens
alan85   
Mon Jan 25 2010, 08:42am
looked at the shunt fuse there are two settings parking or client whitch one should i be using????

BigJohnD wrote ...

If the stereo, door locking and trip computer are working incorrectly, then it's unlikely to be a fuse as there'd be no power.

It would seem more like you need to reset them. Disconnecting the battery for 10or 15 minutes may do it (speedo &c. will probably default beack to km/h), otherwise a trip to the Citroën dealer looks the best way.

power and driving is fine its when you take the key out power goes off and then when turning back on again has gone back to factory settings

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member