or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Maintenance Tips ALL variant C4 C4 Picasso and DS4 :: Maintenance and Repair Tips and Procedures.

Car key has stopped working

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Sim129   
Mon Aug 07 2023, 12:48pm
Member No: #61054
Hi all,

The other day I went to start my 2009 Citroen C4 and the dash board said “fault - anti theft activated”

The car would unlock and turn over but wouldn’t start.

I got out my spare key which worked fine.

I have changed the battery in the fob but it still won’t work.

Other than getting the key fob reprogrammed at £150! Is there any other way of getting the car to re-recognise the key?

There was no reason for it to suddenly stop working as the battery was fairly new anyway (even though I have now replaced it) and had been my main key for years….

Thanks in advance
Ap0qalypto   
Mon Aug 07 2023, 01:53pm
Member No: #52161
I think the key is done, since it is not disengaging immobilizer. There are aftermarket solutions, which I have for almost 5 years. Lot cheaper than factory, working the same. Even key its more stylish than original one.
MiA995   
Thu Feb 15 2024, 02:17pm
Member No: #58363
Ap0qalypto wrote ...

I think the key is done, since it is not disengaging immobilizer. There are aftermarket solutions, which I have for almost 5 years. Lot cheaper than factory, working the same. Even key its more stylish than original one.

Hi,

Will be extremely grateful to have information on where to buy one aftermarket solution key for my C4 Picasso mk1 born in 2010 lately, we have issues and as bought a used car, we have only one key with FOB.

Thanks mate in advance
Ap0qalypto   
Thu Feb 15 2024, 02:25pm
Member No: #52161
Hello Azra, mine key was done in Apatin, Serbia. Key itself can be brought on Chinese sites. You need someone to obtain software PIN for the key from ECU, hardware PIN should be on a second key. Whoever does car keys, aftermarket ones, should know what to do, for sure.
I personally have this one, and its much better than original.

- Click Here -
1 User said Thank You to Ap0qalypto for this Post :
 MiA995 (15 Feb 2024 : 17:38)

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member