or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) Problems and Issues

Aircon issue again.

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
routemaster1   
Mon Mar 22 2021, 05:11am
Member No: #574
So it's spring again and once more my aircon has failed. It has failed every year since new, and every time it goes in they cannot find a fault. It had had double doses oof dye, and no trace can be found, so according to them there is no fault, but by spring it has gone again.

So I called to book it in for service, MOT and fix the aircon. I had a really frustrating time trying to explain to the service receptionist that the fault is still there after 6 years, and he told me that there would be a charge of £199 to fill it again. He had the gall to say to me 'in my experience the gas only lasts one year'. I told him that that was rubbish. If that was so why do they recommend a service after 2 years, and if all of these CFCs only last one year it isn't exactly environmentally friendly.

Now awaiting a chat with the service manager and he will hear that gem!

neilp   
Mon Mar 22 2021, 05:35am
Member No: #3384
I know your frustration. When I call my dealer it goes to a call centre so I can't even talk to the dealership directly.
I now wait until I'm sat in front a person at the dealership before explaining what I want or about repetitive fault.

As you say it shouldn't need a top-up every year.
vexorg   
Mon Mar 22 2021, 06:37am
Member No: #48843
Mine leaks and I dont need to fill it every year!

Just need a new compressor at some point, was waiting until it ran out, but seems to keep working.
routemaster1   
Mon Mar 22 2021, 07:51am
vexorg wrote ...

Mine leaks and I dont need to fill it every year!

Just need a new compressor at some point, was waiting until it ran out, but seems to keep working.

Had a new compressor either first or second time. Didn't fix it.
jsg1163   
Tue Mar 23 2021, 09:47am
Member No: #50650
I've got my car since 2017 and I was topping up/filling up the gas every year till 2019. This is because I used the air con for 2-3-4 months only (summertime mainly) and then kept it off all year round.

But since June 2019, I have not turned the air con off (summer, autumn, winter, spring) any kind of whether the air con stays on and it is working fine till today.

Yes, it may have cost a little more in fuel and may have dipped the MPGs but you can either save money on MPGs by keeping the air-con off when not needed and pay nearly £200 on the air con gas every year or live with slightly lower MPGs but keep the air con ON all year.

This is my findings and it is working for me.
routemaster1   
Tue Mar 23 2021, 10:23am
jsg1163 wrote ...

I've got my car since 2017 and I was topping up/filling up the gas every year till 2019. This is because I used the air con for 2-3-4 months only (summertime mainly) and then kept it off all year round.

But since June 2019, I have not turned the air con off (summer, autumn, winter, spring) any kind of whether the air con stays on and it is working fine till today.

Yes, it may have cost a little more in fuel and may have dipped the MPGs but you can either save money on MPGs by keeping the air-con off when not needed and pay nearly £200 on the air con gas every year or live with slightly lower MPGs but keep the air con ON all year.

This is my findings and it is working for me.

The issue I have is that I am using the aircon in exactly the same way as I have used it on 5 other Citroens over a total of 18 years without ever topping up the system. The manual does not suggest running the aircon full ime, just occasionally, but I know many people advocate that method of operation. Also, having lost 6 lots of fluid over 6 years and had multiple doses of dye added, there has been no trace of dye seen, so where is it going? There is no indication that the fluid is leaking through the pump, which is the only seal which is lubricated by the fluid.
1 User said Thank You to routemaster1 for this Post :
 jsg1163 (24 Mar 2021 : 10:12)
routemaster1   
Wed Mar 24 2021, 04:56am
Still waiting for my call from the service manager.

As an aside, I took my C3 into the same agents last week due to a fault in the blind spot monitoring system. The offside mirror was giving a proper indication when overtaking, but would give a false positive when driving along a road with a kerb on the offside. This was fully explained to the receptionist, and I left a document with full details with her and a copy in the car for the technician. Can you imagine how annoyed I was when I picked up the car the next morning to be told that they found now problem. Of course I drove out and the fault occurred literally within 20 seconds. I went back rather peeved and had a word with the receptionist. We will see what happens next week as I have now had to forward them video which clearly shows the issue.

So the next thing that happens is that I get a survey from PSA asking me about my visit. I tell it how it was, which was obviously not very complementary. I got a follow-up today, as they seem to want me to be completely satisfied with the work done. I can't reply to that yet, but I can't wait to get the survey for the aircon work, when it happens. Perhaps I should mention this to the service manager when he deigns to speak to me.
1 User said Thank You to routemaster1 for this Post :
 jsg1163 (24 Mar 2021 : 10:12)

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member