or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) Problems and Issues

Cabin blower really weak.

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
CAndyBil   
Fri Mar 19 2021, 12:40pm
Member No: #42673
Hi all,

I have a 2017 C4 picasso 1.6bluehdi eat6. I've notice that if I select all air vent positions (windscreen, cabin and feet) the drivers cabin blower is super weak and can barely feel air coming out, even on maximum fan. The climate control is on manual and the auto fan setting is set to fast (doesn't do anything for manual mode I don't think). With all vents open and max fan output, the middle vents are slightly more powerful than the drivers side.

Is this normal? I don't think the air filter needs changed because I don't smell any exterior fumes, even cigarette smoke is filtered out.
CAndyBil   
Mon Mar 22 2021, 03:14pm
Bump, the driver cabin airvent weak for everyone else?
Wutang   
Mon Mar 22 2021, 04:57pm
Member No: #46858
whats it like if you put it in full auto? if you put it on all directions at once it might be fighting against itself, I have never tried it but air flow in my 2014 2.0 bluehdi is good but I tend to leave it on auto and just turn the compressor on or off.

Richard
proinnsias   
Tue Mar 23 2021, 11:06am
Member No: #43821
If you can't audibly hear it on full blast (windscreen demist button maybe) - the odds are the fan motor has packed up ..
Had it recently on my mid 2016 C4GP.
Seems the windscreen scuttle drains overfill, and when it overflows past the filters, it hits the fan motor and burns it out ... fairly common unfortunately (mine was done under warranty, but ymmv)
CAndyBil   
Wed Mar 24 2021, 10:10am
Wutang wrote ...

whats it like if you put it in full auto? if you put it on all directions at once it might be fighting against itself, I have never tried it but air flow in my 2014 2.0 bluehdi is good but I tend to leave it on auto and just turn the compressor on or off.

Richard

In auto, the car just chucks the air out on the cabin vents as its the most effecient to change the ambient temperature. So the airflow is pretty good. But if I introduce the feet vents, or window vents... The air flow from the cabin vents whittle down to almost nothing. Even in max fan.
CAndyBil   
Wed Mar 24 2021, 10:13am
proinnsias wrote ...

If you can't audibly hear it on full blast (windscreen demist button maybe) - the odds are the fan motor has packed up ..
Had it recently on my mid 2016 C4GP.
Seems the windscreen scuttle drains overfill, and when it overflows past the filters, it hits the fan motor and burns it out ... fairly common unfortunately (mine was done under warranty, but ymmv)

The motor is audible, but that's a good shout checking the gutters and filter. I know the filter is a total ballache but it's a necessary step. I had a qashqai before this, and the max fan setting produced a lot more noise than the C4P.
jsg1163   
Thu Mar 25 2021, 04:05pm
Member No: #50650
Saying that the airflow is pretty c r a p on C4 GPs.

I had a second car ford fiesta 2006 model, you cannot take a breath if your face is in front of the air vent and the fan speed is at 3 (not even full speed at 4). It was an unbelievably strong gust of air. When I compare that with my C4 GP, it is shockingly under power considering the size of the cabin.
1 User said Thank You to jsg1163 for this Post :
 CAndyBil (25 Mar 2021 : 18:37)
CAndyBil   
Thu Mar 25 2021, 06:43pm
jsg1163 wrote ...

Saying that the airflow is pretty c r a p on C4 GPs.

I had a second car ford fiesta 2006 model, you cannot take a breath if your face is in front of the air vent and the fan speed is at 3 (not even full speed at 4). It was an unbelievably strong gust of air. When I compare that with my C4 GP, it is shockingly under power considering the size of the cabin.

😂😂 It's funny too say this. My C4P is in the garage at the moment and my hire car is a 2018 fiesta. The blower on this thing is epic and I can confirm it's like sticking your head out the window 🤣.

The rear passenger vents on the C4P are what you'd expect from an air vent. But I think these have their own fan. So, the weak fan is a feature of the C4P's. I suppose the air doesn't need to reach the rear seeing as they've got their own at the back. Still annoying AF.
1 User said Thank You to CAndyBil for this Post :
 jsg1163 (30 Mar 2021 : 15:17)

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member