or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) Problems and Issues

Recall Issues

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
DCB   
Thu Sep 14 2017, 03:37pm
Member No: #47899
Had my C4 Picasso 1.6 blue HDI in for service this week. Two recall issues were highlighted and we're to be carried out during the service visit. One of these was a tensioner on the timing belt. I hadn't had any previous recall letter or email from the main dealer. It might be worth checking if you have any outstanding recall notices on your vehicle. I certainly wasa little taken aback to find out what was outstanding, a problem with the timing belt might well end really badly.....
routemaster1   
Thu Sep 14 2017, 04:16pm
Member No: #574
Odd this! There was a recall for the tensioner on the auxilliary belt, not the timing belt, but, as far as I know, it was only on 2.0HDis. There is also a recall for a wiring loom for the Adblue tank.
northspoon   
Fri Sep 15 2017, 06:23am
Member No: #4689
Well my C4GP 1.6HDi had a recall for replacement of the camshaft pulley and harness....is that the same thing?
routemaster1   
Fri Sep 15 2017, 07:52am
Member No: #574
northspoon wrote ...

Well my C4GP 1.6HDi had a recall for replacement of the camshaft pulley and harness....is that the same thing?

Hadn't hear of that one. It certainly isn't the same. I wonder if it affects our 1.6HDi C3. I assume the harness is the Adblue one.
DCB   
Sat Sep 16 2017, 08:04am
Member No: #47899
Harness on the ad blue tank was the second item that was dealt with whilst I was in. The timing pulley change seemed to take a considerable amount of time to carry out. Still, happy it's all up to date now. Even got my sometimes sticky clutch pedal issue sorted as they replaced a hydraulic unit under warranty.

Car is a 65 plate if that makes things clearer for others.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member