or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: C4 Coupe and Hatch (pre 2011) Problems?

A few issues if anyone can help..

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Lurch8483   
Mon Feb 27 2017, 03:43pm
Member No: #47604
Just bought my 2006 C4 VTS 180bhp which has a few minor issue feel free if anyone could help out.

No1 Rear parking sensor fault pops up on dash, I have had a look through the bundle of receipts that came with the car and one of those was for parking sensor fault, basically they found that the weather strip on the boot was faulty which led to the spare wheel well filling with water, the module was soaked so it was taken out to dry but the fault was still there. they have put the fault down to the module, I could pick up a second hand one but my question is do I need it coding to the car?

No2 the car has the RD4 HU fitted with a CD changer in the arm rest, the changer has power to it as I can insert and eject CD's the problem is that when I go through the sources for the unit I only get Radio and Aux input, if I stick a cd into the head unit it will play just not the changer.

No3 the old cruise control issue which isn't too bad as I had a 200 odd mile trip to get the car home ,this was mostly done with CC on and it only stopped working 2 or 3 times for a couple of minuets. I can live with this one, I think it may be the switch on the steering wheel as I just had to give it a wiggle to get it working again.

No4 it seems as though the car misfires on startup for between 5 to 10 seconds when hot or cold then disappears.

No5 sounds as though the exhaust has a slight blow, just priced up today for a new cat and a stainless steel cat back system for a total of £400, nothing silly just a standard cat and quiet ish hopefully system.

So far that's it I think but all in all happy with the car brings me back to the good old Xsara vts days.

Sorry for the long post!
rusky   
Tue Feb 28 2017, 03:37pm
Member No: #27768
1. I don't think they need coding to the car

2. Is it an original fitment? It could be that someone thought it was a good idea to install it but the aux input hasn't been enabled or the head unit has been replaced & the aux input hasn't been enabled.

3. Probably the switch. Try electrical contact cleaner.

4. Might be a failing coil pack ora a temp sensor somewhere. Need to get the fault codes read to see what's stored.
FakeConcern   
Tue Feb 28 2017, 05:07pm
Member No: #24127
1) Don't think so as above

2) It is original and should have been coded from new. Try unplugging and re plugging on back of HU. Does it say "Aux" in dash display? Should say CD changer I think, maybe plugged in wrong socket. There is a thread showing all the outputs on back of HU somewhere, I'll have a search for it when I get a chance. I found the changer to be pretty useless and replaced it with a USB BOX. A bonus was selling the changer on ebay!

3) Can be the brake light switch with modified loom needs doing (but usually get abs fault on dash so probably not). Best thing is contact cleaner on the rotary switch and twist back and forth (as above) but also move steering wheel up and down and in and out a few times.

4) As above

5) I don't think the cat usually needs changing, mine is the original. I have full stainless from Longlife, got discount through C4Owners.
Lurch8483   
Wed Mar 01 2017, 02:31pm
Thank you for the replies, to the scrap yard or fleabay it is for a second hand module then, also need to find the leak in the boot as after the journey home which was more or less all rain there is a small puddle in the spare wheel well again.
I'll take the HU out and check all of the connections, it deffinetly says AUX input 1 though so I maybe better off with the usb box as the HU already has AUX enabled.
FakeConcern how do you find the SS exhaust from Longlife? is it loud? its Longife I had the quote from at Oswestry. I was thinking of changing the cat also as the exhaust seems to be blowing at the front somewhere which I fear is the flexi joint, the rest of the exhaust looks in good condition but need to get under the car on the weekend to have a good look at what's going on.

BigJohnD   
Wed Mar 01 2017, 04:15pm

Member No: #82
IIRC there are two additional sockets in the Quadlock. One is a simple sound input which can be configured two ways and the other is more complex with stereo sound, power and meta-data links. This is the link for the CD Changer.

If the CD Changer was an original fitting then the CD Changer port will have been enabled in the factory.
FakeConcern   
Wed Mar 01 2017, 04:17pm
The USB BOX uses the CD changer connection rather than the aux input.

The Longlife exhaust is ok, a bit too loud really, but my own fault as they would have changed it for a quieter set up when I got it as I only had to ask. Each year the MOT has an advisory for loud exhaust! I would have stuck to the OEM system if it wasn't so expensive. One advantage is the stainless system is about half the weight!
BigJohnD   
Thu Mar 02 2017, 04:47am

See this thread for more details of the quadlock: - Click Here -
Lurch8483   
Thu Mar 02 2017, 07:22am
The plot thickens, pulled out the HU to find a crows nest of adaptors, unplugged them all and plugged the original Quadlock in along with the CD changer plug, you can now hear the CD changer go through its things but i still only have Radio and AUX 1 as inputs, am i correct in assuming that someone has disabled CD changer and enabled AUX1? also you can see in the picture i have rogue live coming into the adaptor which i will need to find to disconnect.
Sorry if the images are large new to this..
The first picture is after i had plugged the original plugs back in..

FakeConcern   
Thu Mar 02 2017, 11:07am
I don't see why the CD changer would be disabled as the menu should cycle through everything that is enabled. Very strange.
wozza   
Thu Mar 02 2017, 11:23am

Member No: #2
Tried plugging the changing into the other side of the quadlock?
BigJohnD   
Thu Mar 02 2017, 12:30pm

wozza wrote ...

Tried plugging the changing into the other side of the quadlock?

IIRC that's not possible - the connectors are dedicated plugs to each part/socket. Plus there is no power supply nor meta-data link in the Aux socket.
Lurch8483   
Thu Mar 02 2017, 12:31pm
Very strange, it definitely doesn't give the CD changer option only Radio and AUX, I tried plugging it into the other side but the plug won't fit it's only shaped to fit the one it's in.
Lurch8483   
Thu Mar 02 2017, 12:33pm
You beat me to it BigJohnD
BigJohnD   
Thu Mar 02 2017, 02:00pm

It's beginning to look like your CD Changer port is either faulty or has been de-activated.
Lurch8483   
Thu Mar 02 2017, 02:04pm
Need to get it hooked up to Lexia or such to check that I assume?
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member