or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso General questions

How do I upgrade my display to satnav one?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Gedi   
Thu Dec 15 2016, 05:06am
Member No: #47031
Hi folks, sorry if this kind of issue was covered in past, I tried to find info, but found nothing. Recently I bought C4GP exclusive 2.0 HDi 2008 and I got it with non satnav display.

My question is: how do I change it to one like this? is that possible? how much new unit would cost? I am technically minded I could swap it by my own, if it is possible at all. thanx for answers!
gittos   
Thu Dec 15 2016, 05:58am
Member No: #30055
Maybe possible, but wouldn't you need the satnav hrdware as well as the screen? These components could be expensive (if you can find them), and would need to be coded to the car, by a dealer or someone with Lexia
1 User said Thank You to gittos for this Post :
 Gedi (15 Dec 2016 : 06:26)
Gedi   
Thu Dec 15 2016, 06:28am
Yes, I believe it is necessary gps antenna. I am looking for second hand stuff, no point to buy brand new. I do not think any coding/ pairing is necessary.
BigJohnD   
Thu Dec 15 2016, 07:39am

Member No: #82
Gedi wrote ...

I do not think any coding/ pairing is necessary.

A second hand PSA unit will need to have your car's VIN entered as it will probably have the previous car's VIN. It will work but probably constantly beep or show an error message of some sort.

An alternative after market HU won't.

This mod has been done before but can't remember which model C4. You will need to search the site. A quick search of the stickies found this: - Click Here - which might give an insight into what's required.
2 User said Thank You to BigJohnD for this Post :
 Gedi (15 Dec 2016 : 08:24) , Jimux (16 Dec 2016 : 07:06)
Gedi   
Thu Dec 15 2016, 08:31am
oh dear.. I thought it gonna be easier
BigJohnD   
Thu Dec 15 2016, 10:16am

Member No: #82
What you ideally need to find is the SatNav hardware, screen, fascia, aerial and wiring which was the option for your model and year of C4. Scrap yard? Ebay? The cost new, if available, will be expensive. And at the very least the maps will need updating - more expense.

Use Waze on your phone - another £10/month for a few more gigs of 4G will be cheaper!
FrankBullitt   
Thu Dec 15 2016, 01:26pm

Member No: #19238
If it's important then find a car with it fitted - otherwise a TomTom or Garmin will do the job
Biohead   
Thu Dec 15 2016, 03:27pm

Member No: #6049
It in itself is easy to do... Finding the parts is hardest, even 2nd hand. And it's really not cheap - hope you're ready to part with the best part of £1000 to do the mod.

Don't get me wrong, the cars look much better with the sat nav display... but the units themselves are very limited to something like Google Maps with it's traffic integration.

If you're still up for it - early model headunits are RT4/5. They're pretty good, built in phone, built in 30GB hard disk and have a USB port option. There's also an RT3, but avoid at all costs.
Then you have the RNEG. It's a bit more entry level than the RT4/5 - the mapping looks more basic. There's no Hard Disk or built in phone, but maps are stored on the SD card and it also has bluetooth for handsfree calling only - no streaming. It requires the same type of screen as the RT4/5.
After that comes the RT6(also known as RNEG2). This is essentially an evolution of the RT5 - much newer hardware, bluetooth streaming and a High Resolution screen. It looks externally like the RNEG, but there's no SD card slot. You also need a High Res screen. It much more difficult to set up though (software tweaking needed) and there are two models out there - only one will be compatible with your car.
1 User said Thank You to Biohead for this Post :
 Gedi (17 Dec 2016 : 11:46)
Gedi   
Sat Dec 17 2016, 11:47am
Ok guys, I won't go for that, 1000£ for satnav is way over my head thank you for your help!

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member