or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso Problems and issues

Quite a few errors!

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
sijones   
Mon Sep 03 2012, 02:05pm
Member No: #23077
Hi All,

I have put the C4 Picasso in for a recall - (the plastic behind the battery) whilst in i asked for a diagnostic because i have been getting the random errors on antipollution, handbrake and traction control, i was thinking it was the fusebox problem so told them and they knew the errors to look for to say it was a defo fusebox failure.

Anyway they called this afternoon saying the fusebox isn't the problem and it's actually a problem in the loom and to fix it would take another couple of hours to go through the loom testing all the wiring etc.

I got a copy of the fault log and it shows the following:

U1209 - Gearbox - Fault in the information transmitted by the engine ECU, incorrect value received distant
U1208 - ABS / Traction - Fault: no communication with engine ecu. Data invalid distant
FC82 - ECU at the top of the steering column - Fault in communication with the transponder. not charaterised. local.
FB88 - Instrument panel - All or nothing input button no1 jammed. not charaterised. local.
FB8A - Instrument panel - All or nothing input button no3 jammed. not charaterised. local.

That's all i got, alot of them are repeated and the log shows 400 events but that is just one page.

Anyone got any ideas, seen this before? not really sure what to do now with it....

EDIT: This is a 2.0 Petrol EGS.
Dave_Retired.   
Tue Sep 04 2012, 01:16am

Member No: #1
If you go to this page on site: - Click Here -

You can input the error codes and download the associated 'information' documents which will tell you were the problems may lay.

U1208 says to look at the connectors, Can Bus and ABS Control unit
U1209 says to look at the connectors, gearbox ECU and ESP ECU

FC82 does relate to the steering wheel control but states: Only take account of this fault if it appears during a keys initialisation phase or during a failure of the vehicle to start. This fault code does not need to be dealt with just for a difficult start

It does seem that there are some dirty connections somewhere on the car. Previous threads would lead me to check the Gearbox Actuator wiring first.
sijones   
Tue Sep 04 2012, 02:10am
Cheers Dave, I have downloaded them documents after i posted i realised i could get them!...

So just needing to go through all the connectors and unplug and clean them? don't sound to bad, if it's dry today i'll do it.

Is there a place where the engine ecu loom plugs in somewhere else, always seems to be a common fault is that the engine ecu is not communicating on the CAN bus, I have seen another error saying about a mute engine ecu, think that was the BSI complaining.

I'll have to get my lexia on it to do a full read i think...
Phil   
Tue Sep 11 2012, 11:20am

Member No: #406
Chances are it'll be corroded / broken wiring behind the battery in the main loom.

2 User said Thank You to Phil for this Post :
 sijones (11 Sep 2012 : 12:54) , Dave_Retired. (04 Oct 2012 : 13:37)
sijones   
Tue Sep 11 2012, 12:56pm
Thanks very much for that Phil, i'll look in to that, in london tomorrow and whitehaven on the weekend so looks like it will be next week before i get chance...

although funny enough it's not done the errors since the recall!
Clint221   
Tue Oct 25 2016, 11:48am
Member No: #46461
Had a similar problem, two broken wires exactly where Phil has pointed out

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member