or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso Problems and issues

Cannot lock doors - Help!!

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Rock   
Mon Oct 24 2016, 09:48am
Member No: #34500
Hi guys,

while at the supermarket today in my 2006 C4 Picasso I tried to open the boot after getting out of the car, but instead of pressing on the normal rubber pad under the centre of the boot door I inadvertently pressed on another rubber pad slightly to the right of centre. I heard the sort of sound when you lock the car. The boot would not open, and when I tried locking the car then unlocking I noticed that the wing mirrors did not fold as they normally do. Basically the car is now unlockable, all doors are open, except the boot, which refuses to open. When the car is started I am getting a message that the Rear Screen is open, but it is not.

Pressing the lock button on the remote produces a sound like the doors are locking, but they do not.

What can I do?

Rock
moleman   
Mon Oct 24 2016, 11:28am
Member No: #16299
Do you have an exclusive model? If so you have opened the rear window.
1 User said Thank You to moleman for this Post :
 Rock (25 Oct 2016 : 05:31)
Rock   
Tue Oct 25 2016, 05:36am
Member No: #34500
Solved! The car is an Exclusiv model, but the rear window was not open. The problem was the boot was not completely closed and the microswitch was not engaging, that is why the doors would not lock. No idea why the error message was 'Rear Screen' when it was the boot door not fully closed.

I released the boot door using the procedure in this Youtube video, and once released, and then slamming shut the boot door, all the locking mechanisms worked normally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9_4Bu1klio

Rock

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member