or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso Problems and issues

ECU

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
kev   
Thu Sep 09 2021, 09:54am
Member No: #43273
ECU
hi I had an intermittent fault where my 08 c4 picasso 2 litre petrol with 47000 miles on clock would go into limp mode and come up with engine managment fault hand brake fault then abs/ esp fault and then go into limp mode I took it to several garages that didn't want to know and told me to take it somewhere else I live in Aberystwyth now and no citreon garages for miles so eventually found a garage that would take it on
he has changed the bsm didn't fix the issue he then changed the throttle body didn't fix the issue he's checked all the wiring and everything is ok he says so then he changed the ECU with a second hand one and flashed it with my old ECU the problem got even worse so now he is saying that there is a software fault on the ECU and needs to make it as virgin nothing on it before reloading the files for my car only thing is he doesn't know how to do it on a citreon at the momment my car is scrap could anybody help me in anyway possible
tomandjo2   
Mon Sep 13 2021, 03:34pm
Member No: #20851
Firstly multiple faults like yours at the same time could be corrosion/poor connectivity with the fuse board next to the battery.

So check it and give all the fuses and relays a firm press.

Also while your at it what is the battery voltage with engine off (leave for 10mins after engine run before checking)?

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member