or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Ice and Sat Nav Questions Coupe and Hatch Pre 2012 and C4 Picasso :: ICE / Sat Nav/Bluetooth etc.

East Midlans Aux port activation. Why so hard?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Cee4GrandP   
Wed Sep 23 2020, 07:21am
Member No: #56890
Located near Hinckley.

2008 C4 Grand Picasso.

RD4 head unit.

I've been trying to get the aux port activated. I have the cabled installed using this video: - Click Here -

I tried ringing Arbury Citroen who behaved as if I were talking double dutch when I asked how much they'd charge to activate the port and were unable to help having never been required to do it before. I made it clear that it needed to be activated through the Lexia/Diagbox software.

I rang Robins & Day who took my details 5 days ago and never came back to me.

I rang Britol Street Motors who didn't know which dept would be able to quote me, didn't understand what I was asking for as if it'd never been asked before, took my details today but I'm not hopeful of a callback.

I tried an independent stereo company (DreamICE) but they just offered to fit me a new stereo and were unable to activate the exisitng port.

Why is it so hard to get this done?

Is there anyone local to me that might be able to activate it for me? Help much appriciated. Happy to pay and travel a little.

TIA.
BigJohnD   
Wed Sep 23 2020, 11:06am

Member No: #82
Sadly, dealer service is not what it used to be (and why I no longer have a Citroen )

The modern trend seems to be that the customer service desk is staffed by someone who is limited to selling service plans and up-selling what you think is a simple visit.

The chances are the mechanic who actually hooks his PC to your car can do it in a flash. I had my ports activated free of charge during a routine service by visiting the garage and getting the girl at the desk to write on the service order "RD4 Enable AUX1 Port". She hadn't clue, but it got the job done.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member