or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: C4 Coupe and Hatch (pre 2011) Problems?

C4 - ventilation failure

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
homerZ   
Thu Jul 25 2019, 09:10am
Member No: #54243
Hi! I guess I got a problem you r familiar with but in my case my air conditioning is automatic not manually.
My car: Citroën C4 2.0 (2004), 136 PS (100 kW) | 1.997 cm³ | Petrol | L (C4 2.0)

Problem:
The ventilation quit working while 34 degrees (90f) outside. By ventilation I mean the blower for the heating as well as for the air conditioning. No matter which stage of ventilation (low/medium/high) is set or from where the ventilation should come (eg windscreen) it has no effect. So it does not seem to be the well known issue with the resistor, in that case at least the highest level of the blower would still work, I think.
The display of the ventilation is active - the screen is turned (when climate turned on, it is audible when in the engine compartment). But it is missing completely the draft.
After a while…let’s say about 24 hours - you can notice by starting the engine and turning on the ventilation => 2-3 seconds the fan begins to start and stopps immediately.
So far, I have checked the fuse in the engine compartment for the air conditioning and the fuse in the interior for the heating / air conditioning. Everything seems to be okay. I’ve got no experience in electric stuff and something like using a diameter I guess I am not able to.
Guess:
My guess would be current, it is the control module of the blower/heater, which I can reach via the left driver side/below wheel.
I found a video clip that would allow me to replace the control module, but wonder if I'm on the right track ???

Note: Here in the video in French they call it "resistance", but to me it looks like the control module.

My question: Does an automatic air conditioning system ever have a resistance? I do not see in the exploded view, if an automatic air conditioning has only one control module or in addition a resistor. Maybe the resistor is part of the control module, does anyone know what?
Please see here (explosion drawing):

Number 2 = control module (only automatic air conditioning)
Number 1 = resistor (not in automatic A/C?)

Many thanks and best wishes!
Timo

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member