or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Maintenance Tips ALL variant C4 C4 Picasso and DS4 :: Maintenance and Repair Tips and Procedures.

Jerky gearbox

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Marc21   
Tue Mar 19 2019, 07:19am
Member No: #53368
Hi all, I am brand new to this forum and owning a C4. I purchased a Citroen C4 1.6 e-HDi Airdream EGS6 5dr 2012. I have noticed it has a really jerky gearbox when in start stop traffic and between 1st and 2nd gear, its really violent at times. Also, I have noticed when I am driving, and I take my foot off the gas to slow down, but need to speed up again, I press my foot on the gas, it revs really hard and doesn't move and then it jumps, like it jumps into gear possibly, It is really noticeable when travelling uphill, if I slow down and then put my foot on the gas, I can almost guarantee that the car will rev hard and then jump. Its really frustrating because I love my C4 and getting incredible MPG, Im not sure if this is the norm or should I take it to the garage?
rusky   
Tue Mar 19 2019, 07:28am
Member No: #27768
It sounds like the clutch needs calibrating again. You can try the hard reset method before shelling out for Citroen to do it.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member