or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) Problems and Issues

Issue after service.

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
routemaster1   
Tue May 15 2018, 11:14am
Member No: #574
I took my C4GP in for MOT and service yesterday, so today I went on line and took out a Citroen extended warranty for £250. I then decided to paint my garden fence and my wife went off to the shops in the car. When she came back she told me that there had been an alarm and a message saying something like 'Engine fault. Get engine repaired'. It then came up with the infamous ' Depollution Fault' and the service light came on.

So I took the car out. On starting there was an audible alarm, and the engine management light came on and stayed on. Then whilst driving it came up with 'Urea level low', the urea light came on and the service light came on. So I thought, fill the Adblue tank. So I bought 10L. The tank capacity is ~17L but after only 7L the tank overflowed. The urea light is out, the service light is out, but I still get the alarm and engine management light on start-up.

So, as I have to take my daughter's C3 in tomorrow for new tyres after she hit a pothole, new lower suspension arm and a droplink on the other side, I can't get the C4GP in until Thursday.

So that is best part of a week gone, 3 whole days at the garage!
rusky   
Tue May 15 2018, 04:07pm
Member No: #27768
I guess since you've had it in for the MOT that you're just within the 3 year warranty.
routemaster1   
Wed May 16 2018, 12:34am
rusky wrote ...

I guess since you've had it in for the MOT that you're just within the 3 year warranty.

Yes, original warranty runs out Saturday. £250 Citroen extended warranty is a no-brainer. Only issue is that you cannot get it after the original has lapsed!
routemaster1   
Thu May 17 2018, 07:24am
It was in this morning. It would have been yesterday but I was busy having my daughter's C3 sorted. When I booked the original service, I told them I was expecting a recall for software to do with cooling parameters, but there was no record on the Citroen system, and I can't find the recall on the internet now. Anyway, they connected it to the computer, found many stored faults, and did a software update to change the cooling fan parameters. Rather odd as the car was not hot when the faults started, and I've no idea why the Adblue warning went off. Anyway, I've driven home and it's OK. Well, I hope it's OK as we are due to go as far as Leipzig in only 2 weeks.
routemaster1   
Sun May 27 2018, 12:49pm
I was out this evening testing my aircon, which I strongly suspect is failing again (cool, not cold air, pipes under bonnet cool or hot) when off went the alarm. 'Engine fault, get vehicle repaired' then ' depollution error' engine management light, urea light and service light all on. On restarting the depollution message, service light and urea light all off, but still alarming with engine management light on. So, back to agent first thing Tuesday. Hope they can fix it by Friday as we are supposed to be off the Germany for 11 days next Monday!

I would be grateful if someone with working aircon could check whether their pipes under the bonnet get cold!
Saxman   
Sun May 27 2018, 05:47pm
Member No: #51091
I’ll check mine, one pipe should be hot and the other cold.
routemaster1   
Mon May 28 2018, 03:32am
These are the pipes in question!

Sorry if this isn't too clear!
Saxman   
Fri Jun 01 2018, 12:08pm
Member No: #51091
Sorry about the delay replying - the large pipe was warm , the thin one below (high pressure) was hot and the other low pressure pipe was quite cold, even after a 1 mile journey.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member