or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: The Lounge :: The Lounge

What's everyone up to 2018

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
wozza   
Thu Jan 18 2018, 06:24am

Member No: #2
Just thought I hadn't started a new topic for general fluff stuff. So thought I would do this.

So news from my household. I got engaged on Christmas Eve, currently awaiting an appointment regarding IVF as we have been trying for a while. The house is finally finished! 3 years after really starting on it.

Hope everyone else is doing well. And happy new year to everyone. I've been a bit negligent the last couple weeks on here. But will be on a little more often now. Want to start adding more bits to the forum for the Cactus and new picassos.

Anyway that's enough from me.
stoic   
Thu Jan 18 2018, 07:23am
Member No: #49774
I'm looking forward to collecting my C4GP on Saturday after driving around in a P reg Xantia Estate since September!

Citroen gave me a shockingly good insurance quote. I got the normal 7 days free insurance. Anyone ever taken up an insurance offer from Citroen? I dunno why, but I'm dubious...

Oh, yes, I have an 11yo girl and 8yo boy-girl twins - all of them born through IVF - they're the whole reason I have a C4GP!
riven1962   
Thu Jan 18 2018, 09:15am
Member No: #18905
After feeling not well for a couple of weeks, went to the doc's a couple of days ago, got told I had a bad chest infection. Nurse said that's why I was feeling ill for a couple of weeks. Looking at selling my rental property after 4yrs. Tenants give me notice to leave, they want to down size, so I am looking to sell and take the money out.
FrankBullitt   
Thu Jan 18 2018, 12:41pm

Member No: #19238
Good luck Wozza, my best mate and his wife had numerous rounds of IVF (5 I think) and they decided not to carry on as the impact on them was huge and become too wearing - well, thankfully the last one was all they needed in the end, their twin boys are 1 today!

routemaster1   
Thu Feb 15 2018, 03:19pm
Member No: #574
Many of you may be able to guess from my forum name that I have an interest in vintage buses. In October last year I saw a notice in a vintage bus, requesting applications to drive it. I thought, why not. So I got in touch and I was invited to go for a couple of lessons, as if you passed your car test early enough you can drive a 30 year old or older vehicle on your car license as long as you do not carry more than 8 passengers. To drive with passengers you have to get a Class D license. So I decided to take the plunge at quite some expense.

So on Monday I went to the tuition company to drive a 2001 10 metre Berghoff coach with a 220 bhp engine and a 6 speed manual gearbox. I must say I found the gearbox a real pig to drive, particularly engaging 2nd.

Anyway, after 3 x 5 hour lessons and the test today, I now have my Class 4 license, so I can now actually drive a Routemaster with 72 people on board. In fact I could drive a new 15 metre double deck coach if necessary (but only if they are not paying and I am not being paid). Just a bit bigger than a C4GP!

The vehicle I am likely to drive is actually 65 years old, just a little older than me. Don't say you can't teach an old dog new tricks!
2 User said Thank You to routemaster1 for this Post :
 gittos (15 Feb 2018 : 16:47) , Keith (16 Feb 2018 : 03:59)
gittos   
Thu Feb 15 2018, 04:43pm
Member No: #30055
Well done routemaster.......maybe this will inspire some of us other less young members to have a go at something new.
trev h   
Fri Feb 16 2018, 03:57am
Member No: #10864
If they let you loose with a RM these are a joy to drive as everything is powered, if you get to drive an RT you had better of had your weetabix, drove both of these & more for a lot of years & got to say the RM is my favorite, there are a couple of sites i belong to on facebook that are all about these old buses & publish all of the running days for various buses.
routemaster1   
Fri Feb 16 2018, 06:33am
Member No: #574
trev h wrote ...

If they let you loose with a RM these are a joy to drive as everything is powered, if you get to drive an RT you had better of had your weetabix, drove both of these & more for a lot of years & got to say the RM is my favorite, there are a couple of sites i belong to on facebook that are all about these old buses & publish all of the running days for various buses.

Yes, I am aware of the sites, and I go to practically all of the London area ones. The vehicle that I hope to be driving, and have actually driven on my car license is an RF, so almost like a single deck RT. 9.6L 110bhp horizontal engine, preselect gearbox (easy to operate but too easy to forget the left pedal is a gearchange pedal, not a clutch) and no power steering, although I'm told the wheel is a little larger than an RT. If I can manage to get in with the appropriate people I may be able to drive an RT and RM as well.
trev h   
Fri Feb 16 2018, 08:48am
Member No: #10864
The RF is a great bus & i'm sure you'll enjoy the experience, as you know it's got an underslung engine & being only single deck not so heavy on the steering especially not having passengers sitting at the front upstairs, hope you get the chance to drive an RM as it was the best bus to drive
riven1962   
Fri Feb 16 2018, 12:36pm
The tenants have now moved out and I am so glad about that. They treated my house like a pig sty. The house is now on the market, so we are now in the process of re-decorating the whole house, because it stunk. Will be doing it over the weekend because we have another viewing on Monday. Had plenty of viewing up to now and had no bad feedback only low offers, which have been knocked back.
riven1962   
Fri Mar 30 2018, 02:26pm
Glad to say that my rental property has now sold. Accepted a bid a little less than I wanted, but I will still make quite a bit of profit after 4.1/2yrs renting out the house. Wife is already looing at spending some of the money on a new kitchen.
FakeConcern   
Fri Mar 30 2018, 03:05pm
Member No: #24127
riven1962 wrote ...

Glad to say that my rental property has now sold. Accepted a bid a little less than I wanted, but I will still make quite a bit of profit after 4.1/2yrs renting out the house. Wife is already looing at spending some of the money on a new kitchen.

Glad that's sorted for you. Good to make a profit over a pretty short time period.
BigJohnD   
Sat Mar 31 2018, 05:20am

Member No: #82
Brexit has hit this household. My daughter and her husband are emigrating to Australia in June and my son is looking at becoming a Belgian Citizen (where he works most of the time) as his multi-national employer reduces their UK operation.

I wish my children well....
FrankBullitt   
Sat Mar 31 2018, 03:27pm

Member No: #19238
BigJohnD wrote ...

I wish my children well....

Indeed, must be difficult for you both - at least your son will be reasonably close.

We’ve already seen an exodus of staff at work and no new recruitment from the EU.
riven1962   
Fri Apr 27 2018, 10:37am
Just got the phone I have been waiting for. Completion date for the house, this coming Monday. She said she will email me a settlement figure very soon. I have made a small profit, not enough to retire on, but not to shabby a figure either.
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member