or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 2011 (B7) DS4 and DS4 CROSSBACK :: Ice and Sat Nav Questions

Aftermarket Head Unit

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Naz_kid   
Wed Apr 19 2017, 02:39pm
Member No: #40972
Has anyone successfully fitted an aftermarket head unit to replace the C4 eMyway RT6 unit? If so which one was used?

Also if this was done would that mean no way to check mpg and would this effectively break the parking sensors/usb input as this is all run through the head unit?

Cheers
freextr   
Tue Apr 25 2017, 02:25am
Member No: #22034
I also want to change the HU. What will not work if I just change the OEM HU with a Alpine HU? Is there something from Connects2 for the new C4 B7?
wozza   
Tue Apr 25 2017, 03:26am

Member No: #2
What do you want to hange the headunit for exactly? Better sound or a specific feature? As a lot can be done to add functionality to original systems now to be honest.
freextr   
Tue Apr 25 2017, 05:15am
I need 3x RCA outputs so can be tuned separately I have a plan to fit three amplifiers (High, Middle, Sub system) now I already have a Hi/Low converter but just a temporary solution.
BigJohnD   
Tue Apr 25 2017, 05:18am

Member No: #82
freextr wrote ...

I also want to change the HU. What will not work if I just change the OEM HU with a Alpine HU? Is there something from Connects2 for the new C4 B7?

A major issue with changing the HU in a B7 is the fascia and the supplementary switches within the DIN aperture.

See this thread: - Click Here -
wozza   
Tue Apr 25 2017, 05:34am

freextr wrote ...

I need 3x RCA outputs so can be tuned separately I have a plan to fit three amplifiers (High, Middle, Sub system) now I already have a Hi/Low converter but just a temporary solution.

Well why not go for a processor of some kind. JBL MS8, Audison Bit Ten or one depending on needs. Rockford 3sixty3. There are loads of options to give you the ability to run a proper amp setup. All vary in price and features. However, they go beyond most high end headunit features to be honest.
freextr   
Tue Apr 25 2017, 06:04am
BigJohnD wrote ...

freextr wrote ...

A major issue with changing the HU in a B7 is the fascia and the supplementary switches within the DIN aperture.

See this thread: - Click Here -

For the fascia I know there is one which has a opening for the aftermarket radio - a original from citroen for 20€ here in slovenia.

What is the problem with the switches?
freextr   
Tue Apr 25 2017, 06:09am
wozza wrote ...

freextr wrote ...

Well why not go for a processor of some kind. JBL MS8, Audison Bit Ten or one depending on needs. Rockford 3sixty3. There are loads of options to give you the ability to run a proper amp setup. all vary in price and features. However, they go beyond most high end headunit features to be honest.

I also looked after some audio processor but the sound source is still from the OEM radio which I think is very poor. Plus I can get 2nd hand Alpine CDE-177BT for 100€ with everything I need
wozza   
Tue Apr 25 2017, 12:33pm

The original source is run through the processor and any processing is removed. That's what they do create a flat signal and time align etc.

They work very well when setup properly. Seen people use them with high end headunits.
BigJohnD   
Tue Apr 25 2017, 03:17pm

freextr wrote ...

Assuming you can find a suitable fascia for an after market HU, will you still be able to access and navigate the MENU system to, for example, adjust the clock?
freextr   
Wed Apr 26 2017, 02:55am
BigJohnD wrote ...

freextr wrote ...

Assuming you can find a suitable fascia for an after market HU, will you still be able to access and navigate the MENU system to, for example, adjust the clock?

I'm asking the same question btw I'm also patient and if the screen will still work and show mileage/consumption until some converter comes around.
BigJohnD   
Wed Apr 26 2017, 06:30am

You need to post photos of your current fascia as I'm not sure which HU and screen you have.

For tech advice about retaining access to the car's configuration menus, contact Connects2: - Click Here -
freextr   
Thu Nov 09 2017, 07:02am
Ok I contacted the connect2 but they dont have any module for the RD5 radio.

I did found that the citroen have one and its a pricey toy
ref. n. : 16093327 80

- Click Here -
and the wires for my case alpine
ref. n. : 16096749 80

also there is a extensive mounting guide: - Click Here -

and in this pdf it shows what each button on steering wheel does: - Click Here -

and this is the fascia
ref. n. : 6155 JC

When I get into it I will post pictures
freextr   
Thu Nov 09 2017, 08:30am
Maybe I will go with the SONY head unit as I see that the combo module + wires for sony HU is 40€ cheaper - Click Here -
BigJohnD   
Fri Nov 10 2017, 03:49am

Thank you for your research.

The 6155JC FASCIA/CONTROL PANEL costs £173.87 + VAT @20% = £208.64!
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member