or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso General questions

Handbrake and rolling

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
BigJAK   
Thu May 18 2017, 07:57pm
Member No: #48370
Hi, just bought a 2013 C4P and I have a question about the handbrake, do you have to disengage it before driving if or do you just drive and it is turned off automatically?
Dealer is supposed to be getting me the handbooks but I don't want to damage anything in the mean time.
Thanks
FrankBullitt   
Thu May 18 2017, 11:21pm

Member No: #19238
Just drive away - it automatically releases as you apply the throttle and release the clutch (if it's a manual), likewise it automatically activates when you turn the engine off.

The only time you need to apply the handbrake is in traffic. Releasing it manually is even rarer, if you do you need to have your foot on the brake (you can't release it manually unless your foot is on the brake) - this you might do on a rare occasion such as being parked on a steep hill and wanting to use move the car into a different position before applying the throttle.
1 User said Thank You to FrankBullitt for this Post :
 BigJAK (19 May 2017 : 10:27)
BigJAK   
Fri May 19 2017, 10:27am
Member No: #48370
Thanks.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member