or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 2011 (B7) DS4 and DS4 CROSSBACK :: Problems and issues

DS4 Rear Hatch Handle Mechanism Problem

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
P.P.Power   
Fri Aug 19 2016, 01:22am
Member No: #21184
I have an issue with the rear hatch not opening on pressing in the handle after unlocking with the key- fob. There appears to be a micro-switch clicking when pressing the handle and sometimes the hatch releases immediately, but more often than not it takes a few handle presses to release and open. Sometimes it does not open at all and I have to go through the routine of fully locking & reopening again using the key- fob, & carefully pressing the handle in, usually more than once. The situation is getting rather annoying/embarrassing. Does anybody have an exploded diagram of the component parts for the hatch handle/release mechanism? I don't know how practical it will be to remove the mechanism to investigate further. It may be a switch adjustment/wear issue? Obvious option is to pay a visit to local dealer but that will obviously incur a heavy financial outlay at some point.

Thanks for any help/advice.
(DS4 2.0 HDi 2011 61 Plate - 53K miles)
dpmiller   
Fri Aug 19 2016, 04:16am
Member No: #45265
There's a microswitch behind the rubber cover, likely it's contacts are dirty or corroded.
1 User said Thank You to dpmiller for this Post :
 P.P.Power (20 Aug 2016 : 06:00)
BigJohnD   
Fri Aug 19 2016, 05:42am

Member No: #82
I had some difficulty with my boot lock, then I discovered that most people who open the boot have no concept of how it opens.

All that needs to be done is to press and release the microswitch and boot will pop open. Too many people squeeze it, hold it tight and pull the boot open. This forcing action is not helpful and could cause damage to the micro switch contacts.
1 User said Thank You to BigJohnD for this Post :
 P.P.Power (20 Aug 2016 : 06:00)
P.P.Power   
Sat Aug 20 2016, 06:12am
Member No: #21184
Is the microswitch replaceable or is it a full handle assembly replacement ? It appears that the switch doesn't always click at each handle press (sometimes 5 presses are necessary), and sometimes the hatch actually pops up slightly after having pressed the keyfob to open the doors (usually following 2 presses for the deadlocking unlock) without even touching the hatch handle. Not sure if that is normal behaviour. In reality I could be driving off with the hatch slightly open.
There is definately a mechnical/electrical issue with it. Don't suppose an exploded diagram of the handle assembly is available from within the forum community ?

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member