or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso General questions

Air Suspension Stuck in Up position

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
stubtoe   
Thu May 05 2016, 11:51pm
Member No: #5774
Yesterday found the rear of my C4P was riding high, tried lowering the suspension with the Raise/Lower switch in car boot, So must I suspect the self levelling and or compressor... Joe
stubtoe   
Sat May 07 2016, 05:22pm
Hello
More info regarding stuck-up rear airbag suspension.

I've discovered if I drive over the street bumps then stop the car and press the lowering button/switch in boot, it does go down to it's lower pre-set position. It's done this 4 out of 6 times!!?? but it does not go down automatically. My suspicion is a sticking auto levering switch under car between the 2bags.

So my next question is - is there a schematic/functional diagram of the system and where exactly is the compressor located.

If I can pin point the fault, hopefully it is the levelling switch and repair it or replace and get a friendly garage to re-calibrate the system then a lot of dosh could be saved, because if it is the compressor then I will get Mick at eurocarcare to fit them b i g springs at £334.....Oh! is there a reduction for Premium members... Joe

trev h   
Sun May 08 2016, 04:29am
Member No: #10864
Compressor is located under the car at the rear slightly to the right next to exhaust heat shield, it's under a black plastic cover held up by 3 x 10mm nuts, ride height sensor is in front of this mounted on axle, but if it's anything like mine you could be chasing your tail & spending a lot of money trying to find the fault, easier just to change to springs just done mine for under £150 & really is a piece of cake.
stubtoe   
Sun May 08 2016, 06:11pm
Hello.. trev h

In the next couple of days I will scramble under the car after I pick up a set of ramps/jacks & hydraulic ramp from my son.
Initially I will carry out a survey regarding the location condition and access of the self levelling device and compressor.
I'm pretty handy mechanically/electronically but a written procedure would be handy, is there one.
Is it imperative to use a car ramp or can the car be jacked up whereby the wheels drop down, although it may just be possible to have access to a garage ramp, and a help in hand hopefully, for a case of beer, also do I need to have a spring compressor.
Sorry for all these questions but would like to have a go, and save £150 and a trip to Derby eurocarcare. They sell the kit for £180.

Will post again after with findings in a few days...Joe

trev h   
Mon May 09 2016, 04:29am
Member No: #10864
Joe, if your talking about access to the compressor then as long as you can lay on the ground you dont need any lifting equipment, plastic cover is easily accessible just need a 10mm socket for the 3 nuts then if you want to take the compressor off i think theres 4 nuts holding it on but again easy to get to.
If its changing to springs then you will need to lift the car but you will only need a jack, axle stands, 24mm open ended spanner & 19 socket/spanner to undo shock & if you've got some spring compressors although only to make life easier, i did post on here the procedure i went through when changing mine & what springs i used but it is really very easy, probably took me longer to write this than change springs, well almost. See post under C4 picasso problems & issues.

Dave_Retired.   
Tue May 10 2016, 09:39am

Member No: #1
There is a 'sticky' thread on how to convert the car to standard springs....

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member