or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso General questions

Fault code reader

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
pickledmagpie   
Sun Dec 20 2015, 08:07am
Member No: #41974
Hi
Has anyone bought a fault code reader like the ones for sale on Ebay, do they work? I am not having any problems just thought it would be worth having one in reserve.
Any advice appreciated
rusky   
Sun Dec 20 2015, 09:20am
Member No: #27768
I've got an ELM327 bluetooth reader. It's fine for generic stuff but you'll need Lexia/Diagbox to read specific Citroen codes.
1 User said Thank You to rusky for this Post :
 pickledmagpie (20 Dec 2015 : 10:48)
Biohead   
Sun Dec 20 2015, 09:29am

Member No: #6049
As rusky said, a generic bluetooth one will get you the basic codes off and able to clear them (if the fault isn't fixed then of course they will reappear though). If you really want to get into the core of the car's systems you will need the proper Lexia/Diagbox tool.

They're also pretty useful to get live stats from the car (so coolant temp, RPM, air intake temp, boost etc etc etc). In my eyes, they're worth the £3-£4 for the device itself, and an extra £3 for the Torque Pro app.

Just a quick note: I'm not sure if it's still the case, but if you had an iPhone you couldn't use the cheap bluetooth OBD readers, you had to fork out for a substantially more expensive WiFi model.
1 User said Thank You to Biohead for this Post :
 pickledmagpie (20 Dec 2015 : 10:48)
tmd63   
Sat Mar 12 2016, 10:14am
Member No: #41492
I have the ELM327 also, and I use Torque as the free software to monitor the information.
It has a handy section where you can check the 0-60 speed etc.
KenC   
Sat Mar 12 2016, 01:14pm
Member No: #18024
As above I have an Elm 327 and android phone, every now and then when slowing at lights, then they change and I put my foot down I get beep!
MAG fault. If I took it to a garage it would be £35 just to read it then whatever for the MAF sensor.
The but with the Elm, clear it. See you in six months MAF fault. 😊

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member