or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso General questions

External temp gauge not working on console

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Blader1611   
Sun Sep 27 2015, 11:30am
Member No: #32131
The temp gauge on my console no longer works although i may or may not know why. I reversed out of my drive last week and clipped the drivers side mirror on our wheelie bin. It cracked the glass and knocked a bit of the housing off but all still works and glass now replaced. The reason i mention this is i think i have seen in another thread that the temp sensor sits in the wing mirror, is that correct? Are these easy to break though as i only hit the bin at about 5mph and all the other electrics are fine. Any other ideas?
Dave_Retired.   
Sun Sep 27 2015, 11:54am

Member No: #1
Yes, if you look under the mirror there is a small 'bump' and that is the air temp sensor (well as long as that part of the housing is still on the car)
Blader1611   
Mon Sep 28 2015, 01:11am
I think I found that hanging down but I stuffed it in a cavity in the mirror as I couldn't figure out where it went. Is there a diagram anywhere showing where it might need to housed?
Dave_Retired.   
Mon Sep 28 2015, 05:31am

Member No: #1
No, there is only a parts diagram and that doesn't show where the sensor actually goes.
Jimux   
Tue Sep 29 2015, 02:12am

Member No: #8137
Solid state temperature sensors are unlikely to fail because of impact. More likely you've pulled the connection to the harness out.
crapday   
Wed Sep 30 2015, 02:36pm
Member No: #11964
It just stick out a little from the bottom of the mirror housing near the middle.

Did you know that if you cover the sensor with your finger, the outside temp gets warmer. I covered it that long I had to put some shorts and a t-shirt on. Just remember to keep it covered, cos if you dont you'll look stupid with the shorts and t-shirt on when it gets cold again.
Blader1611   
Sun Oct 18 2015, 07:47am
Just a quick update on this. I still havent fixed the temp sensor so will this cause an issue in terms of dpf regen?
Reason for not fixing it is 2 fold. Firstly i stuffed the sensor in a cavity in the wing mirror but it now appears to have disappeared and i now have a bare wire. 2 the most important one and utter user error, when i trashed the wing mirror the only way i could get the housing to sit even remotely in the right place was to glue it back in. Suffice to say i cant get the housing back off now, i only dabbed a bit of superglue in a few places so i reckon i could get it off eventually. Where can i buy a cheap sensor from?

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member