or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: C4 Coupe and Hatch (pre 2011) Problems?

C4 VTS 180 Reverse lights stuck on and lack of power, limp home mode / depollution problems.

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
wozza   
Sun Jun 19 2011, 03:02pm

Member No: #2
Just got a call from my friend to tell me he noticed my lights were stuck on as I drove off.

So without going and dismantling the rear of the car is the rear tailgate loom issue likely to be the culprit or is there another idea someone has for me to check?

Just typical car seems to be bringing up a few issues over the last few days.

Depollution fault x 2 + engine management failure after the depollution fault once.

Went into limp when this happened. Now not there any more but the car feels flat especially at the top end. Just seems to stop pulling once it gets to 5500rpm. Which in a 180 considering power is up at 7000rpm is a problem.

Hoping I can get it hooked up to diagnostics at some point soon. But just a bit worried about it all now. If this is going to be expensive or not. As it also needs new rear brakes and I think the exhaust is on its last legs too.
PPP7   
Sun Jun 19 2011, 03:12pm
Member No: #135
As you haven't had the tailgate recall done, that should be first port of call.

Depollution fault on a petrol...isn't this normally coil pack?

Exhaust on last legs? I thought you had a custom stainless steel job fitted? Stainless steel exhaust should be 5 year warranty at least.
wozza   
Sun Jun 19 2011, 03:16pm

No mine is still on the original OEM system. Which for a 180 is doing well with it being 6 years old according to the build date.
Biohead   
Sun Jun 19 2011, 03:49pm

Member No: #6049
Just reverse lights Tom? Could be either loom or reverse switch on the gearbox as some quick guesses.

I'd guess if it's the switch on the gearbox you'll also get the reverse sensors active... if your's work with your headunit.

And expect your delivery on tuesday
wozza   
Sun Jun 19 2011, 03:59pm

Sensors are functioning as normal. Just the lights that are stuck on.

I was thinking loom, just finding out where exactly it has the problem is the fun bit. Going to check the obvious tailgate section tomorrow when I have some decent light.

And cheers Scott will get it sent back to you ASAP.
wozza   
Mon Jun 20 2011, 08:02am

Well just been and checked my car doesn't fall under the correct VIN range for he recall. But also need to go back out and try getting the rubber boot off. The thing just doesn't seem to want to move.
PPP7   
Mon Jun 20 2011, 09:23am
Member No: #135
Wozza wrote ...

Well just been and checked my car doesn't fall under the correct VIN range for he recall. But also need to go back out and try getting the rubber boot off. The thing just doesn't seem to want to move.

You need to remove the left side boot trim and unclip the wiring to give you some slack at the rubber sleeve.
damian24   
Mon Jun 20 2011, 11:06am
I had the lights stuck on in reverse on my c4 vtr+ and it was the switch on the gear box. i found out on here that it can be a common problem. I removed the switch from the gear box and replaced with a new one from dealer which are now a different type and problem solved. Think it was about £6.00.
wozza   
Tue Jun 21 2011, 07:40pm

Ok went out to it earlier today and I think it is now likely to be the reverse switch.

Obviously searching for reverse switch on site brings up quite a lot of results. So is there a part number and a guide or a rough idea of what I need to do to change it?
BigJohnD   
Wed Jun 22 2011, 04:30am

Member No: #82
Wozza wrote ...
So is there a part number and a guide or a rough idea of what I need to do to change it?

Looks like:
C4 3 DOOR SALOON 2.0 i 16v 180
(19) 2257.59 SWITCH-REVERSE £8.10 + VAT @ 20% = £9.72

If you PM me your VIN, I can nail it down.
Biohead   
Wed Jun 22 2011, 04:40am

You would've thought that it would also trip the reverse sensors too wouldn't you?
Is that what Lexia is saying anyway Tom?
wozza   
Wed Jun 22 2011, 12:03pm

Tripping the sensors now Scott. Not hooked up lexia yet. Arrived yesterday jut before I was going to the hospital to see my mum. Too late to try when I got home.

And today I just felt unwell so not tried yet.
Biohead   
Mon Jun 27 2011, 04:39am

Any update on this tom?
wozza   
Mon Jun 27 2011, 09:16am

Yes, Lexia is awful!

I swear it just likes to crash for fun it will crash doing things it has done previously with no issues following the exact same procedure. It just is a horrible bit of software. Also not very intuitive. With me asking for issues with the engine it brings up that my drivers door module has a lighting error. Yes because that is related to the engine!

No wonder Citroën charge so much for diagnostic hook up it just feeds you a ridiculous amount of pointless info. That is if it does not crash or freeze up half way through.
wozza   
Mon Jun 27 2011, 09:40am

It is telling me I have a misfire on cylinder 4. Says high misfires on cylinder 4 not characterised. An comes up as temporary fault.

Also got a couple fault codes to check out.

P1621

So as I am on the iPhone anyone fancy helping me out. Navigating the site search while mobile is not that fun.
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member