or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Maintenance Tips ALL variant C4 C4 Picasso and DS4 :: Maintenance and Repair Tips and Procedures.

CITROEN C4 CACTUS

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
TILSIT999   
Mon Mar 25 2019, 04:04am
Member No: #53409
Hi Everyone

I have a Citroen C4 Cactus and like most others absolutely love the car. I have hand controls fitted and it is an 'automatic' (a technician told me it was a modified gearbox - something I wasn't told about when I bought it.

Over the past few months, it seems to do mini-wheelies when I pull out of a side road onto the main road, and last Wednesday when trying to reverse out of a parking space, it did a major wheely, shot forward and hit the fence in front of it. Fortunately, there was no damage to car or fence, but it did shake me a little.

The local dealer seems to think I am making things up and it was only with the intervention of Motability that they have to look about it. I have the Jeff Gosling hand controls and they don't think the hand controls are faulty.

Has anyone experienced anything similar?
routemaster1   
Mon Mar 25 2019, 05:08am
Member No: #574
This forum doesn't really deal with C4 Cactus, although I'm sure some members will be willing to help. You need to give us a little more info. We need the year it was registered, the trim level, engine type and size and whether it is the older or newer version. A quick search tells me that the gearbox is an EAT 6 full auto. Who was the technician who told you the gearbox was modified (ie Citroen main dealer or local mechanic), and did the fitting of the Jeff Gosling controls have anything to do with it. It may be worth contacting them.

EDIT: Just found that the Cactus was available in ETG form, mated to 1.6 HDi and 1.2 Puretech engines. The ETG gearbox is a 'piloted manual', that is basically a manual gearbox fitted with an automated clutch and automated gearchange. Unfortunately, the trade often call this an automatic. If it is like the Picasso, the EAT gear selector will have a 'park' position, the ETG will not.
YOG   
Mon Mar 25 2019, 05:44am
Member No: #17929
Here is a specific website for the Citroen C4 Cactus:
- Click Here -
routemaster1   
Mon Mar 25 2019, 05:53am
Member No: #574
YOG wrote ...

Here is a specific website for the Citroen C4 Cactus:
- Click Here -

Thanks for that! Hadn't seen that before, but I suppose I hadn't looked! Seems to be an interesting forum, with at least one familiar name!

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member