or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso General questions

Battery flat yesterday morning

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Datadogie   
Mon May 31 2021, 01:13am
Member No: #58219
Hi new member here.
I took a gamble and bought a 2010 Picasso Executive from London and drove home to Aberdeen 500 miles. She drove like a dream. Everything seems to be working. But when next after about six hours I went to start her the battery was so low would not turn over. She did start with jump leads. I'm thinking battery not being charged for six months. Looking at the last MOT she has only done a couple of hundred miles in the last six Months. Please don't tell me I've bought a lemon as she drives good and looks good for a ten year old car for £2,500.
Magistrate   
Mon May 31 2021, 01:46am
Member No: #1731
Probably yout battery is fading and needs renewal. A 500 mile journey should have charged a good battery fully. I would get the battery and charging circuit checked. Halfords/ATS or similiar. Golden rule is never to actually buy a battery from these outlets as they are grossly overpriced.
Datadogie   
Tue Jun 01 2021, 12:27am
Member No: #58219
New battery fitted yesterday. This morning started on the button. £122 fix.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member