or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) Problems and Issues

Top screen issue

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
routemaster1   
Sat Nov 17 2018, 03:23pm
Member No: #574
Yet another issue. I went out today, calling in briefly in a local small town. When I got back to the car and started it, the top screen was completely blank. I stopped and restarted the car but still the same. I then went to my destination with no speedo (my dashcam has GPS so I could see my speed). When I got there I stopped the engine, got out and locked the car and then restarted. Still the same. So I locked the car, did what I needed to do, and when I came back everything was normal! Anyone else had this issue?
1 User said Thank You to routemaster1 for this Post :
 jsg1163 (17 Nov 2018 : 16:18)
bluehdi   
Sat Nov 17 2018, 04:23pm
Member No: #2617
Did you have three beeps when you first started your car with the top screen blank? That was the symptoms I had back in 2014. The official TSB, which I have a copy of (somewhere) states other symptoms such as lines missing, black or blue screen, as I recall.

My brand new 2014 C4GP top screen failed when I had only had the car for a short time. Eventually Citroen after much head scratching and a month off the road, realised that the Magneti Marelli top screen was one of a large duff batch, which intermittently failed. Once replaced, I never saw any problems with it again. I was informed in 2016 that it needed replacing again, as part of a workshop intervention/quality campaign. As I was selling the car, I didn’t proceed. Also because I didn’t want it failing, when it seemed to be working perfectly.

Some of my posts are detailed here:

- Click Here -

This definitely sounds like the top screen TSB issue. It’s well known by Citroen dealers and there should be some support for out of warranty claims. I would call and enquire.
jsg1163   
Sat Nov 17 2018, 04:25pm
Member No: #50650
Welcome to the club...lol

This is a known yet unknown (how to resolve) issue with our C4GPs

I've had similar situations but not as bad as yours...

I've had screen gone blank when putting in reverse gear... See post and pic: - Click Here -

I guess, turning the car off and wait for few mins generally resolves the issue.

To be honest, I've only had it twice and since my car is out of warranty and I don't want to spend £60 diagnosis fee just to be told that either they couldn't find the fault (£60 gone to waste) or the new screen is needed (which is over £1000).

Keep us posted though how often it is happening with yours.

Good luck
routemaster1   
Sun Nov 18 2018, 02:51am
Member No: #574
I had already had the screen replaced due to dark lines about 3 years ago, so I am aware of the early issues. No, I didn't (or I don't recall) 3 beeps, but as I said it appears OK now. I will post again if I have any more issues. I hope it is OK as taking it in now would be a pain as we still haven't got our replacement for our wrecked C3. No speedo would make it unroadworthy, and I should expect that the Citroen extended warranty would give me a hire car for the duration.
bluehdi   
Sun Nov 18 2018, 07:49am
Member No: #2617
My Citroen dealer who I still pop by to see from time to time, said they have had customers who have had a couple of new top screens over the time they've had their cars. Mine would have had two if I'd not part ex'd the car. Citroen extended warranty should ensure you're OK anyway.

As I told my dealership when the top screen failed, it wasn't legal to drive without an instrument panel, so they loaned me a car for the duration.

Found the TSB, which states:

Examples of customer symptoms covered by this document:

Black screen on starting the vehicle
Line or mark on the instrument panel when it is switched on
The image from the visual reversing assistance camera or the navigation is not displayed
Blue, white or black screen in reverse gear

NB. The customer symptoms listed above are not exhaustive

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member