or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso (B78) General Questions

Does the 2014 C4 Picasso (Diesel) have a particle filter?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
danlat1415   
Mon Jul 16 2018, 09:18am
Member No: #48933
I've just been shopping round Tesco and they have 1/2 price sale on all car things, so I ended up buying some Redex Diesel System cleaner (£2) and some Diesel Particle Filter Cleaner (£4).

Are they both ok for the 2014 C4 Picasso Diesel?
proinnsias   
Mon Jul 16 2018, 03:13pm
Member No: #43821
The manual recommends against additives - but yes, it has a DPF (assuming you've got the diesel version ) - that's what the AdBlue is for (cleaning it regularly !)
Doubt anything you'd add to the fuel pre-combustion would be much use to it after combustion.
(The old additives used were added to the diesel pre-combustion to raise exhaust temperatures to a point where the ash burned off ... AdBlue is added post-combustion to do broadly the same thing)

P
routemaster1   
Mon Jul 16 2018, 04:05pm
Member No: #574
The Adblue is not for cleaning the filter. It is there to reduce the nitrogen oxides in the exhaust to achieve Euro 6 standard. The Eolys system is the additive that clean the filter. This system was certainly fitted to earlier diesels, but I cannot find any creditable evidence as to whether later versions have both systems. Beware of what the internet says. A lot of people out there, including some 'experts' don't have a clue!
routemaster1   
Tue Jul 17 2018, 03:31am
Member No: #574
If you want to see more about the lack of knowledge out there try reading this.

- Click Here -

And here is Parker's, demonstrating that they don't know what they are talking about!

- Click Here -
danlat1415   
Tue Jul 17 2018, 05:23am
Member No: #48933
Thanks for your replies.
I have a 2014 HDI diesel which doesn't have the AdBlue stuff which is why I asked.
jsg1163   
Tue Jul 17 2018, 08:37am
Member No: #50650
Redex Diesel System cleaner- Is this the one that goes in fuel tank? If yes, then try to use it when you have less than 1/4 tank (25% or less) diesel. Put full bottle (I assume its only a small bottle) and drive the car on motorway (at speed) for few miles and continue driving till you reach to the end of the fuel (8-10%) and then top up again by 25% fuel. Once this is finished, only then top up full tank. This way the engine will get the maximum cleaning product and works better than putting the engine cleaner in full tank in one go.

Diesel Particle Filter Cleaner- TBH not sure if these do any good... but I guess since your car is 2014 model and providing you are doing normal mileage, your DPF should be fine. But read the instructions and use it. wont do any harm.

danlat1415 wrote ...

I've just been shopping round Tesco and they have 1/2 price sale on all car things, so I ended up buying some Redex Diesel System cleaner (£2) and some Diesel Particle Filter Cleaner (£4).

Are they both ok for the 2014 C4 Picasso Diesel?

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member