or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) Problems and Issues

Puddle light bulb replacement

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
iscom   
Fri Mar 23 2018, 09:04am
Member No: #20936
My nearside Puddle light was not working along with the problem with the mirror motor (only goes up and down not side to side) he gave me the cost of a new motor but could not find any part for the puddle light bulb on he’s system and thought you had to replace the whole mirror. I ask the service dept to have a look at it while they was doing my Citroen recall and they thought same i.e. you have to buy the complete wing mirror.
Surely this can’t be right as the wing mirror would cost a good few hundred pounds just to replace the bulb. So Can this bulb be replace or not??
iscom   
Sat Mar 24 2018, 05:29am
I phoned another dealer who also said you have to replace the complete mirror which cost over £500 + vat plus labour all for a blown bulb and more worrying is that mine mirror has the 360 camera fitted but I looked on YouTube and saw how to change the bulb on a 2010 C4GP so can't see how much diferance between the two mirrors other than the shape

Looks like I will have to contact Citroen about this
BigJohnD   
Sat Mar 24 2018, 08:02am

Member No: #82
PM me your VIN and I'll look. There are so many different mirrors you wouldn't believe it.
BigJohnD   
Sat Mar 24 2018, 11:45am

Member No: #82
Here's your mirror. (Click on image to enlarge.) I can't see any puddle light……

Part 8: 6325.J4 Side Flash Unit is £37.50 + 20% VAT = £45.00 from a Citroen dealer. I think it's clip-fit but it may be glued for weather-proofing. I'm not sure.

A complete replacement mirror unit is £534 + 20% VAT = £640! Not sure if that includes painting to match your car.

iscom   
Sat Mar 24 2018, 12:26pm
I can’t see where the bulb is but maybe once the mirror is removed it can be seen, I am wondering why there is no camera or the blind spot led is shown
I have learned in the last two visits to the main dealer is. . The dealer wants to replace and fit whereas the local garage will repair and fix

Here is the YouTube link - Click Here -

iscom   
Mon Apr 16 2018, 06:50am
Having ask the dealer to strip down the wing mirror they have confirmed the bulb is removable and now sent a request to Citroen for the bulb as there is no part listed for the bulb it would also appear that the camera is also removable, plus one other discovery is that the mirror has a LED fitted to the glass ( the blind spot version)

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member