or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) Road Tests and Model Reports

2018 C4GP

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
stoic   
Fri Feb 02 2018, 08:45am
Member No: #49774
(21) Fuel was low yesterday and I got the "low fuel" warning. To my surprise, the maps popped up showing where the closest petrol stations are. I'm not sure how much I will use this feature but it's a nice touch.
(22) Detachable tow bar - gaaah! Super fiddly to fit however now I've done it once hopefully it should become easier. What didn't help was that the Citroen instruction photos seem to miss a few step and were taken from angles that were only obvious to Citroen.
stoic   
Sun Feb 04 2018, 03:46am
(22b) OK. I fitted the detachable tow bar a 2nd time and it took a matter of seconds.
(23) I bought a tow bar fitted cycle carrier and the electrics for it have a 7 pin plug, the electrics on my G4GP are a 13 pin socket. Solution : buy an adaptor. I am no expert on this matter however I assume the 13 pin socket is equivalent to the older double electric outlets on other cars?
FrankBullitt   
Sun Feb 04 2018, 08:44am

Member No: #19238
Yes, you no longer have twin-electrics for caravans, you have a single 13-pin socket which requires the adaptor for 7-pin electrics
stoic   
Mon Feb 12 2018, 01:10pm
(24) Something that bugs me but is a minor point - the position of the "0" - Zero on the keyboard! It's good that you can swap between ABCD and QWERTY keyboards however the Zero should be next to / to the right of the "9", NOT to the left of the "1". It's a pain when typing in post codes.
stoic   
Fri Feb 16 2018, 12:50pm
(25) Last week I was driving along and heard a loud crack. I thought it was just a stone on the glass. On Sunday, we noticed a crack in the driver side A-frame window above the dashboard. There is no dent from a stone and the crack seems to be inside the glass. Citroen has agreed to replace it under warranty, however it will take a few days so I'm now driving a smaller C4P until they replace the window. According to the service manager, the spot welding robots can occasionally do a duff weld, which once clamped against the glass can cause it to crack.

(26) I love Citroen cars but after a canceled original order due to a lost franchise, connected services no being enabled, 10 month out of date firmware, 12 month out of date maps, and now cracked glass, I am absolutely fed up with Citroen. I accept I could have done the firmware and maps myself, and probably will do going forward, but when you buy a car worth 10s of 1000s of pounds I don't think it's unreasonable to expect the latest firmware and maps installed on delivery.

(27) My courtesy car is a manual C4P. It may just be this particular courtesy car, but the manual gearbox is horrible! To get into 5th and 6th you have to push really hard to get it into gear. I also hate the lifting of the ring to get into reverse. I am sooooo glad I have the automatic model on my C4GP which is wonderfully smooth.

(28) Reversing camera - on my C4GP the reversing camera has a nice field of vision just above the edge of the bumper. On the C4P courtesy car, I can see the entire bumper and a load of the number plate! There have been discussions on this site about cameras dropping a bit. I'll have to watch mine closely.

(29) Park Assist Pack 360 / Vision 360. The 360 camera is great when maneuvering and ensuring you don't curb your alloys etc. It is also very handy when doing manual bay parking and helps you to know exactly where the car is in relation to the edges of the parking spot. When the 360 camera comes to sheer brilliance is when using the park assist feature as the 360 camera is automatically displayed and helps you to know where you are and control the speed of parking accordingly. The only thing I don't like about the 360 cameras is the split front view where you see front-right and front-left. It can get confusing and I'd rather have had a directly forward front camera. I'd almost go as far to say that the Park Assist Pack 360 is worth the extra £450.

(30) Speed Limit Recognition System. I was under the impression that there is a camera on the windscreen that recognises road signs. I may be wrong! The Citroen web page here talks about Speed Limit Sign Recognition and Recommendation. Hmm, I'm not convinced. Close to my home, a road had it's speed limit changed from 60mph to 30mph (new housing estate etc etc). If the speed limit sign recognition system truly worked it should realise that the road is still 30mph and not 60mph any more. The national speed limit signs have been removed. If I look on the TomTom V7 maps web site the speed limit is still recorded as 60mph. I wonder if the car uses the SatNav data rather than actual visual road sign recognition?
stoic   
Fri Mar 02 2018, 03:29am
I don't like having anything in the car disabled, so I turned the automatic raising and dipping of healights back on recently. In the recent gloomy, snowy weather I have noticed that with this function turned off, the headlights will automatically turn on in gloom. With the function turned on, the headlights don't come on until it's darker. It must be using different sensors?? Light sensor for normal on/off function. Camera for the raising / dipping function?
routemaster1   
Fri Mar 02 2018, 03:50am
Member No: #574
They must be linked in some way. The lights come on automatically when it starts to get dark, but the auto dip function doesn't work until it is significantly darker. It will not selrct main beam when there is still a lightish sky, when there are street lamps or when it detects rear lights or headlights in front
bluehdi   
Sun Mar 18 2018, 01:32pm
Member No: #2617
I went with a friend yesterday to collect his new pre reg C4 Grand Picasso Flair 1.2 130 manual in Lazulu Blue. Only had 18 miles on the clock.

The car had been shipped down from Arnold Clark in Scotland to their delivery centre in Surrey. Handover was just that - here are the keys, no explanation of anything (but that was expected). I went along so I could check everything over for him.

Luckily, having had my C4 Grand Picasso for 3 years, I could check the car over thoroughly. Interesting to see some of the Citroen penny pinching versus my Exclusive Plus, when I went over everything. Still lovely car though.

He let me have a drive of the car and it is a great engine, considering its only a 1.2. Lots of pull. Gearbox is taking a bit of getting used to.

Needless to say the 'connected' Tomtom traffic was showing TMC, so I've said to him to chase that, if it doesn't become active in the next few days. Apparently, they make a call back to the supplying dealer once you've paid for the car and then they do the activation. We will see!
beemanga   
Wed Mar 21 2018, 10:20am
Member No: #41746
Good to see you make an appearance Bluehdi. Hope your new motor is treating you well. 😀
bluehdi   
Fri Mar 30 2018, 02:43am
Member No: #2617
Thanks for the nice words Beemanga. Still actively follow C4owners every day, despite having joined the new 3008 club! Only irritating thing about having a Peugeot is not having a local dealer. Mine is nearly a 100 mile round journey, rather than the Citroen dealer who is only 7 miles away.

My friend is really pleased with his new GP and the lovely colour. I'd encouraged him to get the OVS agreement sorted, which it was very quickly. However it took over a week for the car to pick up the Tomtom Traffic. It needed the usual interaction in the car to force it to pickup. Then explaining that the 3D function stops the petrol prices being shown on the map when driving, and how to switch on the various map icons.

I noticed a number of real cost cutting measures when we were travelling back in the new 2018 model, after collection. I'm sure my GP had a grab handle for the front passenger, but I couldn't see any. The rear door kick plates were just plastic, rather than the old aluminium ones. Also the rear three seats were basic headrests, whereas mine had the comfort ones.

The updated Connect system (matching my own new 3008) is much better and responsive though, compared to the SMEG+ unit. Means I can talk him through anything, as the user interface is pretty much the same. I did immediately notice that the roof aerial is a lot more complex now, which I think is because of the connected part of the system. Still don't personally like the look of the new steering wheel, which doesn't have the lower buttons, but most things can be done through the upper ones anyway.

An added benefit is all the mats and wipers that I had for sale for my G4CP, he now has. So they've gone to good use.

I'll be posting as I get updates and queries.

He rang me only this week after sending me a photo showing his car with one front fog light bulb not working. Told him to straighten the wheel and lo and behold all is good (cornering lighting!). Resetting the odometer was another query, which I think is the same with the long hold on the spanner icon near the top screen. Apparently, hill start continues to be a question for him, with the car occasionally rolling back. I didn't experience this with mine, as mine was an EAT6 auto.

I'll keep you all posted.
routemaster1   
Fri Mar 30 2018, 05:24am
Member No: #574
Hi, good to hear from you again. I've just checked mine, and there is no passenger grab handle, assuming you mean at the top of the door. Also, with the hill assist feature you do actually need to apply the brake to stop. If you just coast up to a stop, it doesn't work!
stoic   
Fri Mar 30 2018, 09:52am
OK, I had a bit too much excitement this afternoon!! I had to be towed out of a parking spot.

We went to the National Trust Easter Egg Hunt at Keddleston Hall in Derby. We were directed to park on the grass and all seemed fine. Once we were the proud owners of 3 Easter eggs, we came back to our car and the front wheels did nothing but spin. Lots of people were getting stuck. It was easy to find the towing point but not the "!£$%^ towing eye! It took us ages to find the blighted thing! Behind the left rear seat, almost inside the rear bumper. None of us could find any mention of the location of the towing eye in the manual! Gaaaah!!

Also the built in TomTom (Connect Nav) seems to have a strange accent. Derby? My kids were in fits of laughter when the SatNav kept saying "Dobby" rather than "Derby". Dobby is a house Elf in the Harry Potter stories.
stoic   
Wed Apr 04 2018, 04:08am
One thing we've never been able to get working reliably is the foot activated opening tailgate. Due to various timescales, we were forced to have a car with the detachable tow bar. The only time we've managed to get the foot activated tailgate to work was (1) when I had my hand behind the bumper whilst fitting the tow bar, or (2) last night in the pouring rain. This morning, now that the weather is dry, the foot activated tail gate doesn't work. Either the foot activation sensor is kackered, or the tow bar and foot acitvated tailgate don't work very well together.

stoic   
Fri May 11 2018, 01:31pm
Yesterday I was impressed when the car I was follow with adaptive cruise control, turned off the road. There was a motor bike in front and the cruise control attached to the motorbike. I was needlessly worried that it might try to run the biker over!

I found a tiny shelf below the steering wheel! There is a small mention of it in the user manual - it's for keeping your paper user manual in. The door storage in the car is a lot smaller than in my old 61 plate C4GP so anything is better than nothing I suppose.
beemanga   
Mon May 14 2018, 11:26am
Member No: #41746
Yes I keep the manual in that shelf, its a great idea! Every car should have a place like that for the manual, as it's annoying when it fills up the (tiny) glovebox.
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member