or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso Problems and issues

C4 GP 2009 oil leak?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
tom123   
Mon Oct 30 2017, 06:47pm
Member No: #49763
Hi just purchased a C4 GP today and noticed spots of oil on my driveway already, just my luck eh?! Looking to investigate further in the morning but wondered if anyone could advise where I should be looking. I’ve put 2 images in the drop box folder here

Doesn’t appear to be from the sump but I’m no mechanic and haven’t got a clue what the area is that is showing a leak as pictures from under the vehicle.

I have a 6 month warranty but could do without the hassle. Hopefully it’ll be covered and I can get it sorted. If I can do something myself then even better.
rusky   
Tue Oct 31 2017, 02:58am
Member No: #27768
Have a look under the bonnet as the plastic engine tray may well divert any liquids away from the actual area.

Having said that, if you've been able to get photos then is there a plastic tray there?!
tom123   
Thu Nov 02 2017, 11:57am
Member No: #49763
A crack in the sump apparently, diagnosed today and being repaired now by a local garage

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member