or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 2011 (B7) DS4 and DS4 CROSSBACK :: Members Maintenance tips

DS4 HDi Blue Spare wheel

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
FrankBullitt   
Sun Oct 02 2016, 08:00am

Member No: #19238
When I bought the new car I tried to swap over the insert for the spare wheel well from the old car as the new one doesn't take a spare - sadly, it doesn't fit as the old insert was shaped for a car without the AdBlue tank fitted which takes up about half the well.

Our car, being a DSport, couldn't be ordered with a spare from the factory on account of the space saver not fitting over the larger front discs (the same is true of a DStyle ordered with 19" Cairns wheel or the more recent Prestige); however, Duxford Motor Group put our reg into their system and the part number 9800721280 was spat out as the correct insert. We already had all the parts from our old car (which I'd ordered when we bought it), this is what it all looks like;

The insert for tyre gunk alone;

The shallow well with the handbrake mechanism;

The new insert, quite flimsy;

The insert with the chocks, brace, cap remover and bolt cover remover all fitted;

The wheel fitted;

There is nowhere specific for the jack but it fits quite comfortably behind the wheel - I've wrapped it in a cloth as it sits alongside the metalwork

Hope this is of help to those looking at a spare with a euro 6 Blue model (I assume the 1.6 HDi Blue is the same). Just need to remember to put the spare on the back, and accept that the wheel that comes off will have to fit in the boot.
1 User said Thank You to FrankBullitt for this Post :
 neilp (24 Mar 2017 : 06:26)
neilp   
Fri Mar 24 2017, 06:29am
Member No: #3384
I'm looking at this for my 2016 DS4 Prestige petrol. The foam insert fits over the electronic handbrake "box" and takes the space saver in much the same way as you have shown it.
As far as I can tell all the other items (Jack, wheel brace etc) fit in the foam recesses. I too realise if I have a puncture on the front I will have to put the space saver on the rear and the rear Cairn 19" on the front.
gmerry   
Fri Mar 24 2017, 07:31am
Member No: #11625
That skinny little spare should never go on the front in any case (braking and steering), so in a way, its a good thing it doesn't fit. I'm assuming you carry a telescopic wheel wrench due to the large number of wheel bolts that have to be undone/tightened?

regards
neilp   
Fri Mar 24 2017, 10:14am
Member No: #3384
gmerry wrote ...

That skinny little spare should never go on the front in any case (braking and steering), so in a way, its a good thing it doesn't fit. I'm assuming you carry a telescopic wheel wrench due to the large number of wheel bolts that have to be undone/tightened?

regards

I'll have to look at a telescopic wrench, it could come in handy.
FrankBullitt   
Fri Mar 24 2017, 12:45pm

Member No: #19238
gmerry wrote ...

I'm assuming you carry a telescopic wheel wrench due to the large number of wheel bolts that have to be undone/tightened?

regards

Not me, but then I am beefy enough as it is (in a former life I was a nightclub doorman!)

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member