or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 2011 (B7) DS4 and DS4 CROSSBACK :: Problems and issues

2012 Citroen C4 1.6 e-HDi CMP6 - Handbrake switch broken

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
GeoForce   
Mon May 02 2016, 04:49am
Member No: #36590
Hi there!

This last weekend i noticed that when using the handbrake switch, it was a little "hard" and when i "forced" it, it broken something inside of it. Now i have a loose switch. it still works but it's very loose.

Is there any guide to replace the switch (and is it easy?) or should i go to the dealer to get it repaired? Would it take too much time to get replaced by the dealer?

Also i want to ask one other thing, just to clarify. For about 2/3 months that the Start/Stop stopped working. I know that are some conditions that are needed to SS works. The weather in Portugal is getting warmer, but usually the SS works during the winter, so I exclude the temperature.

I believe that the battery is starting to get weak. Question:

If the battery is getting weaker, the SS stops working for obvious reason. Shouldn't the HUD point a warning for weak battery? Also no errors detected during diagnosis.

Best regards
GeoForce   
Wed May 18 2016, 03:33am
Anyone can help me? Yesterday when pressing the button, the car signaled handbrake error in the dashboard and stopped working (after turning off the ignition and putting the car to work again it solved the problem) but i think that it wont work for too much time.
slaidlaw81   
Sat Jun 25 2016, 01:19pm
Member No: #38431
I've got the same issue. Started today. I'm going to replace the switch and see what happens. Unless anyone else has any ideas?
slaidlaw81   
Sun Jun 26 2016, 01:03pm
Member No: #38431
Didn't need to replace the switch. A superglue bodge on the existing switch and refitted. Fault cleared. Saves a few ££££. I'm never going to touch the switch again now.
GeoForce   
Fri Aug 05 2016, 03:11pm
I managed to buy a new original switch. Spent a few time trying to change it, but after all Done, the error still appears in the dashboard. Any idea? What can/should i do to fix it?

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member