or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso General questions

DPF fluid resetting ECU counters

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
wilkinsonbaz   
Wed Apr 06 2016, 03:50pm
Member No: #35905
Hi all,

My 2007 C4GP 2.0HDi has just reached 80k. The warning diesel additive low kept coming on the dash so I researched a bit and found what it meant and found it was the soft bag type so bought a new fluid bag and fitted it. Quite easy, made sure it was the correct click fit and part no etc.

I have an Ebay Lexia running 7.76 software so hooked it to the car to reset the ECU counters. Did a global test, went to the diesel additive ECU / repair/ replace soft bag and reset it so it shows soft bag full.

Disconnected and turned the ignition back on but it still said additive low.
Did another ECU test, additive ECU still says soft bag full but the engine ECU says additive low. I think it said something like additive level 140g, but also said DPF regeneration impossible with an error logged. On the help bit it says engine ECU gets its info from the additive ECU.

Tried clearing the code but it reappears straight away.

The additive ECU shows no faults logged.

Searched Google about resetting the ECU but it just shows resetting on Peugeots where once reset on the additive ECU you disconnect Lexia, turn off the ignition, remove the key, open the filler cap, wait for 10 seconds, close it then restart Lexia to check the additive level is still reset. Tried doing that on mine but it's still the same. Tried another reset on the additive but still the same.

So my question is when resetting do you have to do some other procedure after resetting the additive ECU like the Peugeot or has anyone done a reset with similar problems?

I was going to try disconnecting the battery to do a soft reset.

Any help will be much appreciated. I was trying to save money doing it myself as it seemed quite straight forward but sometimes these things end up being a nightmare.

Regards
John.
Biohead   
Thu Apr 07 2016, 12:39am

Member No: #6049
I know when I reset my counter recently, it talked me through the fuel cap process as well - it's not specific to Peugeots. What was the option you used in Diagbox?
mortartube   
Wed Apr 20 2016, 09:51am
Member No: #23736
I have the same problem. If anybody can talk us through the procedure perhaps it could be made sticky for all to see. I have an ebay Lexia.
wilkinsonbaz   
Mon May 02 2016, 04:53pm
Member No: #35905
hi apologies for taking a while to reply
it was awhile since i did it but if i remember it was repair then global test, then i chose the diesel additive ecu it connected to the ecu then i went on repair and chose repair pack clicked through a few screens it got to saying only continue if you have replaced the pack, i confirmed then it went back to the additive ecu options looked in the configuration and it said soft bag full and i think it was 2.2ltr, but the engine ecu still had the error code tried a few times still same result, tried looking in other screens but couldnt find any other options to reset the additive ecu

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member