or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: C4 Coupe Hatch and General Questions

How to stop mirrors folding

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
FakeConcern   
Mon Nov 24 2014, 03:14pm
Member No: #24127
Last night it was raining quite heavily until late, but by the morning everything was frosty & frozen. When I unlocked the C4, the mirrors were frozen in the closed position. Is there a way to lock the car without folding the mirrors?
FrankBullitt   
Mon Nov 24 2014, 03:26pm

Member No: #19238
Yes, click the selector (the one you normally push to 'left' or 'right') forward - this keeps the mirrors open even when locking the car. Likewise, pulling the lever back closes the mirrors irrespective of whether you have locked the car or not*

*as I am typing this from the comfort of my own sofa, I may have got the selections the wrong way around but stopping the engine and pushing the selector forward will soon show you which one is the right way!
FakeConcern   
Mon Nov 24 2014, 03:43pm
Aha! Thanks I will try this in the morning (not this evening as I've had a glass or three). Pretty sure backwards folds them & didn't even know it could go forwards!
routemaster1   
Tue Nov 25 2014, 03:26am
Member No: #574
FrankBullitt wrote ...

Yes, click the selector (the one you normally push to 'left' or 'right') forward - this keeps the mirrors open even when locking the car. Likewise, pulling the lever back closes the mirrors irrespective of whether you have locked the car or not*

*as I am typing this from the comfort of my own sofa, I may have got the selections the wrong way around but stopping the engine and pushing the selector forward will soon show you which one is the right way!

Can't do this either on C4GP or C3. The switch does not move forwards.
FakeConcern   
Tue Nov 25 2014, 04:45am
routemaster1 wrote ...

FrankBullitt wrote ...

Can't do this either on C4GP or C3. The switch does not move forwards.

I've just tried and it doesn't move forward in the VTS either. Maybe you can't stop them folding.
Dave_Retired.   
Tue Nov 25 2014, 05:00am

Member No: #1
It has been covered before on site guys and is documented, somewhere.

This may work

1 User said Thank You to Dave_Retired. for this Post :
 Ham (25 Nov 2014 : 10:23)
FakeConcern   
Tue Nov 25 2014, 05:57am
OK thanks Dave, it looks as though it can be deactivated with Lexia.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member