or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso General questions

C4GP and C4P Tyre Pressures

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
diesel_dog   
Wed Oct 14 2009, 04:48pm

Many thanks to fabio_sd for finding the information. This covers most if not all of the tyre sizes on the Picasso's. According to the site all the cars run the same tyre pressures; the only thing that makes a difference is the tyre size.

Check other C4s here on Michelin's site: - Click Here -

Thank's to bigjohnd for that one
Pablo_C4   
Thu Jan 14 2010, 04:26pm
Member No: #1782
This is very useful info - just what I was looking for in (but is conspicuous by its absence from) the C4GP owner's guide. Why couldn't Citroen include a page or two on tyres and pressures? I can't think of any other car I've had which omits this from the guide.

Is it just the tyre size which governs the particular pressure? What about different brands? For example, for the Roskilde alloys on my C4GP, I'm thinking of fitting something cheaper than the Michelin Primacy's such as Millennium Asymetric or Yokohama Cdrive - these are all the same spec tyre, 215/50WR17 95W, so will they all require exactly the same pressure?
Dave_Retired.   
Thu Jan 14 2010, 05:13pm

Member No: #1
Whatever pressure is indicated on the info plate on your driver side door pillar, is what you need to pump up to. Read the FAQ: - Click Here -

Citroen don't need to put it in the handbook as it's on the car. You can loose a handbook, but it's harder to loose the door pillar plate
1 User said Thank You to Dave_Retired. for this Post :
 balloo (15 Mar 2013 : 10:43)
HoneyMonster   
Thu Jan 14 2010, 05:46pm
Member No: #1443
The other problem I found was the Michelin site gave different pressures compared to plate on car even being lower pressures so could be a potential hazard, so i stuck with whats on the car.
Pablo_C4   
Tue Jan 26 2010, 04:47pm
Member No: #1782
I take the point about the plate but the plate also says "Michelin Primacy" which gave me the impression the quoted pressures might be only for this particular brand of tyre.
Dave_Retired.   
Tue Jan 26 2010, 05:17pm

Doesn't matter what the brand is, it relates to the cars weight, tyre dimensions and speed rating
dr_gummi   
Sat Jan 30 2010, 02:55pm
And add 0.1bar for winter tyres
Joe
snoopystorm   
Thu Apr 01 2010, 08:03am
I have just had new tyres put onto my car filled with Nitrogen curtosey of the workers at Kwik Fit, 5% better fuel economy, 5% better road handling and 25% more tyre life!! I don't know what pressure they are at now.

Before I had these new tyres I checked all of mine and apart from the N/S/R having a slow puncture and being on 15psi all the rest were on 40psi. Thats what they were on when I picked the car up from the Citroen dealer
neilos   
Thu Apr 01 2010, 09:18am
Member No: #209
snoopystorm wrote ...

, 5% better fuel economy, 5% better road handling and 25% more tyre life!!

Really????? I think they are talking the proverbial at Kwik Fit
routemaster1   
Thu Apr 01 2010, 12:21pm
Member No: #574
snoopystorm wrote ...

I have just had new tyres put onto my car filled with Nitrogen curtosey of the workers at Kwik Fit, 5% better fuel economy, 5% better road handling and 25% more tyre life!! I don't know what pressure they are at now.

We've discussed nitrogen filling before. The only people who believe there is an advantage are the companies who make the nitrogen gear and the people who fill your tyres with it. There is no scientific basis for these claims, and the AA reckkon there is no advantage. It might make a difference for Lewis Hamilton, but not on your C4.
MurrayHenson   
Thu Apr 01 2010, 04:56pm
Member No: #1827
Hmmm. Maybe the Australians put in "normal" air in his tyres and that caused the wheel spin at the lights? "It wasn't me, officer, it's my tyres! They're filled with the wrong gasses."
BigJohnD   
Fri Apr 02 2010, 02:29am

Member No: #82
snoopystorm wrote ...

Yeah right. Don't forget regular air is 80% nitrogen any way!
Jimux   
Fri Apr 02 2010, 05:16am

Member No: #8137
Is there a misprint in the table above for Premacy HP 215 50R17 tyres? The motorway figures show same pressure in front and rear whilst all others show a lower pressure in the front? I have seen the same figures elsewhere so there must be some explanation.

Also the lower figure is for a single driver of about 65kg around town. Most of us are heavier and often have a front passenger. Best fuel economy, and ground footprint is with the motorway pressures or just below them.
Dave_Retired.   
Fri Apr 02 2010, 05:40am

I personally would go with whatever is on the Drivers Door Info label provided by Citroen
Jimux   
Sat Apr 03 2010, 05:43am

Member No: #8137
C6 Dave wrote ...

I personally would go with whatever is on the Drivers Door Info label provided by Citroen

The door label shows a light load and heavy load pressure set as in the diagram above. But there is no definition of a light load. It is a slim small driver with no luggage and no passengers and I am sure that none of us change our tyre pressures every time we go on a motorway.
There should be no difference between information from Citroen and Michelin, after all the Michelin family own Citroen and some models (the LT15 and Michelin X for example) were designed specifically to make use of the characteristics of new Michelin tyres.
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member