or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso Problems and issues

C4 Grand Picasso 1.6VTR tailgate handle...

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Leigh1011   
Wed Jun 27 2012, 10:10am
Hi all,
The actual handle (greyt plastic one) between the tailgate lights has been a tad loose for a while now (well since I bought it to be fair) and the boot now refuses to open using the handle, in fact its that loose I can now pull it out with a degree of ease. It looks like its that loose, or has worked so loose that it no longer makes a connection with the microswitch to open the boot (the microswitch is still working fine).
is there any way i can just but that particular part, or am I going to have to shell out for a new assembly?

Thanks all, any advice would of course be appreciated!

Leigh
Ballistic   
Wed Jun 27 2012, 10:34am
Member No: #16007
I have noticed the same on mine when I was fixing the surrounding door trim peace on my GP. I used some silicone at the top where the catches for the handle were supposed to be and left it to dry for several hours before refitting. So far it seems to be working fine. Silicone is keeping the handle in place whilst giving it just enough movement to work correctly. If nothing...it's worth a try but make sure silicone is completely dry.
1 User said Thank You to Ballistic for this Post :
  (27 Jun 2012 : 10:46)
Dave_Retired.   
Wed Jun 27 2012, 10:50am

Member No: #1
Looking in the correct forum finds a virtually duplicate question with answers: - Click Here -

Another similar question here: - Click Here -

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member