or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso Problems and issues

cleaning C4 engine down

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
mackintyre   
Fri Jun 22 2012, 08:41am
Member No: #24669
hi everyone, i have had a smell od burn oil smell coming through the vents oil staining starts from injector back down to9 back of the engine, the fault could be laeking rocker gastket,

how well does 1.6hdi cope with trying to put hose down the back and with spaying some degreaer down.to start the clean process, or is it best to get rags and underneath to try and clean it

thanks peter
riven1962   
Fri Jun 22 2012, 09:20am
Member No: #18905
Go for rags with degreaser on it. I would not go near my engine and start spraying anything around. If you start spraying, it could go everywhere and damage something very expensive.
Dave_Retired.   
Fri Jun 22 2012, 10:10am

Member No: #1
Be Careful and do it by hand and be careful around any 'plugs' as capillary action' could mean that you end up contaminating the main BSI
gmerry   
Fri Jun 22 2012, 10:27am
Member No: #11625
Fix the source of the leaks and then rags only.

regards
G
spizlot3   
Sat Jun 23 2012, 04:21am
Member No: #9705
Location: Runcorn (Unfortunately not in the blummin' rich area) of Cheshire!
riven1962 wrote ...

Go for rags with degreaser on it. I would not go near my engine and start spraying anything around. If you start spraying, it could go everywhere and damage something very expensive.

Oh the memories of being able to pressure wash your engine where the biggest worry was getting your POINTS wet!!!!!!!
Commodore   
Sat Jun 23 2012, 04:30pm
Member No: #21107
Get some Autosmart G101, mixed to 1:8 dilution, spray on the engine plastics and other areas ** very carefully **, leave to dwell for a few minutes, agitate with a brush then wipe off thoroughly with microfibre cloths.
barrie   
Sun Jun 24 2012, 02:04am
spizlot3 wrote ...

riven1962 wrote ...

Oh the memories of being able to pressure wash your engine where the biggest worry was getting your POINTS wet!!!!!!!

My old Beetle had a fully waterproofed distributor, I could hose the engine and with a snorkel on it did run under water ( the ford was deeper than I thought )

Barrie

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member