or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: Technical Questions

Lexia deactivate "Emergency Services on RT3

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
craig573   
Wed May 02 2012, 07:46am
Member No: #22671
Ok Citroen activate this service when you purchase the break down and emergency cover from new, but it has now expired and every time the car is started i get a message on the RT3 screen saying for approx 1 minute saying

"Assistance Call Service Downgraded" because it has expired.

So this is the reason i wish to de-active it, as i said i have found the menu in Lexia for this and it says it is "Active" but cannot figure out how to de-active this.

Any help appreciated please see screen shots below, managed to remove the annoying " Economy Mode" with no problems.

Ok when i get to this screen i hit the Enter button and i am taken to the screen below but there is no option to "Deactivate" the service.

Biohead   
Wed May 02 2012, 08:05am

Member No: #6049
Is there an active sim card in the unit? Can you make calls with it?
craig573   
Wed May 02 2012, 08:12am
Biohead wrote ...

Is there an active sim card in the unit? Can you make calls with it?

Yes there is a sim card in but it does not work as there is a problem with the GSM module which i was not going to bother getting replaced as was quoted £100 and would not probably use it.

I did remove the sim card to see if it would make any difference but it didnt.

Could it be because the GSM module is faulty?
Biohead   
Wed May 02 2012, 09:58am

Member No: #6049
I'd hazard a guess that it is that. I don't have any Citroen assistance cover, but I only ever get that message when the sim card isn't inserted so there's no signal.

I also believe its mainly related to get in touch with the emergency services in the event of an accident, and inform them of your location and not related to the Citroen subscriptions.
1 User said Thank You to Biohead for this Post :
 craig573 (02 May 2012 : 11:31)
craig573   
Wed May 02 2012, 11:33am
Biohead wrote ...

I'd hazard a guess that it is that. I don't have any Citroen assistance cover, but I only ever get that message when the sim card isn't inserted so there's no signal.

I also believe its mainly related to get in touch with the emergency services in the event of an accident, and inform them of your location and not related to the Citroen subscriptions.

Ok cheers so looks like unless i get it fixed i wouldnt be able to erease the message, might just have to live with it then...cheers
gmerry   
Wed May 02 2012, 12:33pm
Member No: #11625
Did Citroen ever provide this service in the UK? I'm sure I read it was France and parts of Western Europe only.
craig573   
Wed May 02 2012, 12:49pm
gmerry wrote ...

Did Citroen ever provide this service in the UK? I'm sure I read it was France and parts of Western Europe only.

Think they must have as mine is a UK car and the services are activated, plus i am sure of go some sort of documentation about it which came with the car and service history.
routemaster1   
Wed May 02 2012, 01:46pm
Member No: #574
craig573 wrote ...

gmerry wrote ...

Think they must have as mine is a UK car and the services are activated, plus i am sure of go some sort of documentation about it which came with the car and service history.

My C4GP Exclusive has it, or at least I'm told I have. I have an RT4. There are two buttons, one is supposed to be used to contact the emergency services, either by pressing the button or in the event of an accident. There is also a button for direct contact to Citroen.

NiteSite   
Thu May 03 2012, 01:45am
Member No: #293
Who is it you speak to when you press the Citroen button? I pressed it once out of curiosity and ended up with a man speaking to me through my speakers!
craig573   
Thu May 03 2012, 02:11am
NiteSite (Lee) wrote ...

Who is it you speak to when you press the Citroen button? I pressed it once out of curiosity and ended up with a man speaking to me through my speakers!

It can no longer dial out as the GSM unit is faulty, so I can no strange men speaking to me.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member