or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso Problems and issues

Grand Picasso cutting out

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
enola79   
Tue Dec 05 2017, 03:51pm
Member No: #32926
Hi guys, I'm having an issue, I'll try summarise it as briefly as possible, would really appreciate feedback.....

* Driving it on Friday, generic "Engine Fault" message came up - turned around to bring to mechanic - on way back the car lost power (slowly came to halt, shifting down through gears). Started again OK and drove on to mechanic (still with Engine Fault message)
* Mechanic ran diagnostic, showed as fuel pressure issue, he fit new fuel pump - all seemed fine again.
* On Saturday, car cut out when doing a 3 point turn after changing into reverse and then pressing accelerator, never happens usually but it started up again fine.
* Sunday morning, car wouldn't start - starter motor turning over but not kicking into action.
* Monday it got towed to mechanic, who jumped it and it started fine. he kept it overnight, and it started fine again this morning - took on a bit of a drive earlier today, couple of start/stops with no issues.
* Just now, went to go out again, car starts fine, put it into drive, press accelerator and after about 4 metres, the car cuts out. Electrics still present, and the starter motor tries to bring it back to life as I turn the key - but no joy.

When the mechanic jumped it yesterday, he just diagnosed it as a dead battery, but the electrics are present and the starter motor does seem to be trying so I'm dubious about it being a battery issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
rusky   
Wed Dec 06 2017, 12:06pm
Member No: #27768
Could be a blocked fuel filter. If it's fitted with a pattern part, these have been known to break up & clog the supply line.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member