or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Towing :: C4 Towing, roof bars, bicycle carriers and roof boxes

Roof bike rack

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
fazerboy   
Sun Jan 01 2012, 06:58pm
Do they still sell these or can I buy any from Halfords or ebay to fit my VTR+?
Commodore   
Sun Jan 01 2012, 07:03pm
Member No: #21107
The Citroen roof rack & bike attachment are still available.
Jips   
Mon Jan 02 2012, 02:43am
Member No: #4184
If looking at buying a roof rack, do a search on the forum. Many tales of sheared off bolts due to the tapping of the holes not being done properly, due to the supplied kit from Citroen not being up to the job.

Believe me, I was one of them!
fazerboy   
Mon Jan 02 2012, 03:30am
Oh so thats not good news then...so any reccomendations onwhich bars and rack to purchase?
Jips   
Mon Jan 02 2012, 05:03am
Member No: #4184
The Citroen Bars are good. Just be careful, and read a few of the posts here, or get the Dealer to fit them. Then if they lock the bolts in, they can pay to fix it.

Look up Minipaulo posts on the matter. - Click Here -
He may still have them around somewhere (minus one bolt)
MiniPaulo   
Mon Jan 02 2012, 06:01am
Member No: #13367
EOM & aftermarket roofbars are available from £80 upwards on ebay, so Halfrauds with the right fixing kit will be fine. But as JIPS says, get a correct tapping tool kit for about £17 quid, dont use the Citroen supplied tapping tool. Makes the job a lot easier and quicker and cleaner definitely worth the extra money. Once the threads are tapped, just a dab of oil or grease to keep clean from rust.
You dont state whether your VTR+ is a coupe, hatch, pic or GP.
fazerboy   
Mon Jan 02 2012, 07:29am
Sorry...3dr VTR+ 2005 in silver.. :-D. Fastest and classiest colour :-D

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member