or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: Car Care

Leaving car unused for a month

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
leaphtc   
Sun Dec 01 2013, 10:25am
Member No: #32762
We will be going on a 4 weeks trip and my car (2005 C4 SX petrol) won't be used for that extend of time.

We haven't got a garage. My concern is leaving the car parked outside at very low temperature (possible snow) for a long period of time.

What can I do to make sure that it will be in good condition and ready to use when we get back?

Any suggestion is appreciated.
barrie   
Sun Dec 01 2013, 10:39am
Member No: #30672
Perhaps covering the engine with a water proof cover to keep snow from Ingresing But I would put a solar panel on the dash with the wire going to the battery just to keep it topped up

Barrie
BigJohnD   
Sun Dec 01 2013, 10:53am

Member No: #82
What Barrie said…

Four weeks away should be OK. We went away to Australia for 23 days in 2011 and left th car on the drive. The car fired up straightaway on our return. However we are right by the sea and sub-zero temperatures don't last long.
VTRPLUS27   
Wed Dec 04 2013, 02:36am
Member No: #24370
Have left many cars for extended periods, up to 6 weeks, just ensure that tyres are pumped up and that's all I did. all cars fired up on return no problems.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member