or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: Car Care

C4 Hatchback rubber mat fixings

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
raybush   
Mon Apr 04 2011, 02:41am
Member No: #15002
When i bought the car it had no mats, so the kids bought me a set of Citroen C4 rubber mats for the car. The drivers mat has two holes which are for securing the mat into the drivers footwell. There are two pre-cut holes in the car carpet which i assume are for this purpose, so i bought a set of two part round fixings from ebay. It looks like they attach through the holes in the rubber mat, but what then holds the mat to the car.There is like a pin that is in the centre of the hole in the carpet on the drivers side of the footwell, does another fixing attach onto that .
It's a silly thing, but its bugging me .

Regards
mooresey   
Mon Apr 04 2011, 03:09am
Member No: #18464
There should be, I think, two twist on tops. You place the holes in the mats over the holes in the floor and twist on the tops to keep them in place.
Bin-The-L-Plates   
Mon Apr 04 2011, 06:34am
Member No: #1556
mooresey wrote ...

There should be, I think, two twist on tops. You place the holes in the mats over the holes in the floor and twist on the tops to keep them in place.

Thats correct, you can get them from the dealers and cost under £1 for a pair. They eventually loose their grip and have to be replaced.

Clive

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member