or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: C4 Loeb

Re-wire sidelights for daytime running?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
All4Martin1989   
Fri Apr 23 2010, 03:25pm
OK, so obviously you can have the sidelights on without the main beam, i.e. for daytime running, but is it possible to have a disconnection switch to turn them off whilst having the main (and auto) lights on?

So you can have a diff colour sidelights or something

Any help would be great!
Bin-The-L-Plates   
Fri Apr 23 2010, 03:44pm
Member No: #1556
I think I understand waht your after, ie sidelights on but no rear lights, similar to Audi and Citroen C5.
But......
With the opaque effect of the C4 the sidelights are almost invisible in the daytime, unless your within 1 metre of them. I've got LED bulbs in mine, and they are mega bright compared to the normal bulbs, but in the daytime you still can't see them. They are only visible at night.
So, I can't see the point of having them as 'daylight running' lights.
Regards
Clive
All4Martin1989   
Fri Apr 23 2010, 03:54pm
ahh, thats a very good point, maybe it would be more useful that i could have the colour on the sidelights, so when meeting people etc and they are on they look cool with the colour, but go off when the main lights are on for the legal issues on the road?

if that makes sense?

or you reckon that (in the night) the colour would be so little no one would care?
regards, martin
All4Martin1989   
Fri Apr 23 2010, 03:59pm
also, having LEDs in them, it doesnt bring up error warnings on the dash? (as my grande punto and astra sri did )
Dave_Retired.   
Fri Apr 23 2010, 05:22pm

Member No: #1
All4Martin1989 wrote ...

also, having LEDs in them, it doesnt bring up error warnings on the dash? (as my grande punto and astra sri did )

They can but you can get resistors to fit now to overcome it and some new LED's come with resistors in.

BTW the dipped headlights can be set to 'Daylight Running' via a dealer Lexia/Proxia system, not what your after though.
kat_type_r   
Sun May 09 2010, 06:17pm
Hiya, I have a 10 plate C4 coupe (by loeb).

Although this isn't quite what you want, I noticed that if I left my headlight switch in the 'sidelight' position, they would switch on/off automatically when I switched the engine on/off.

You could therefore leave the switch in that position all the time... You'd only have to change them at night, into the dipped position.

I guess it's a good halfway house? PS front sidelights are nearly invisible during the day, due to the aforementioned frosting in the headlight unit.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member