or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: C4 Coupe and Hatch (pre 2011) Problems?

C4 Tyre Valve snapped off!

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
connellyg   
Tue Apr 20 2010, 03:35pm
Does anyone know if they is any left on ebay
rich210uk   
Tue Apr 20 2010, 04:05pm
The guy I bought mine off had 9 more, search for

CITROEN C4 TYRE PRESSURE VALVE SENSOR GENUINE NEW
Dave_Retired.   
Wed Apr 21 2010, 01:36am

Member No: #1
connellyg wrote ...

Does anyone know if they is any left on ebay

Here you go, German eBay shop has lots of them; - Click Here -

Citroen Part Number is 9430.93
connellyg   
Wed Apr 21 2010, 06:17am
how long does the delivery take.
Dave_Retired.   
Wed Apr 21 2010, 07:36am

Member No: #1
connellyg wrote ...

how long does the delivery take.

No idea (but expect around 4-5 days given other things I ordered from Germany) but it costs 15 euro (I sent a message)
vts180   
Wed Apr 21 2010, 02:54pm
Member No: #7328
Ham wrote ...

wouldn't need coding if they were rubber valves

I think when you have paid big cash for your motor, and its your pride and joy. its nice to keep the thing standard if you have the dosh.

rich210uk   
Wed Apr 21 2010, 03:04pm
Took the words straight out of my mouth. It was very temping just to get rubber ones as it would have cost a mere £18 to have done. But, I do like to keep things original with such dedication I have still been replacing the Michelin tyres at £190 a pop. its a personal problem of mine

I got the valve through at a cost of £60 getting it fitted tomorrow for £15. Then I think I may have to leave it till payday to get it coded. I have been saving tons of fuel only being able to do 50mph max because of the emergency wheel, trip computer reckons im doing 55mpg!
Ham   
Wed Apr 21 2010, 03:34pm

Member No: #69
vts180 wrote ...

Ham wrote ...

wouldn't need coding if they were rubber valves

I think when you have paid big cash for your motor, and its your pride and joy. its nice to keep the thing standard if you have the dosh.

True, but when they are a stupidly high price, i would change to rubber (which i have on my 18" wheels but still have them on my originals in the garage), especially when the seam to break very easily.
pillboxhunter   
Mon Jul 19 2010, 04:17pm
search ebay for peugeot & citroen tyre pressure sensor valve stem kit and you can renew the valve stem and use the original sensor which is still coded to your car. costs £20
rich210uk   
Tue Jul 20 2010, 03:31am
pillboxhunter wrote ...

search ebay for peugeot & citroen tyre pressure sensor valve stem kit and you can renew the valve stem and use the original sensor which is still coded to your car. costs £20

Diamond! Just had another valve snapped off and was looking for a new valve. I knew the actual stem came apart from the box of tricks and had a look round the web for one but never had any luck! Saved me about £80! Cheers
wheatchief   
Fri Aug 27 2010, 12:40pm
Member No: #7711
Gutted I had 2 front tyres replaced before I went abroad and they both snapped so he put rubber ones on. But I never asked for the sensors. I too am sick of the service light coming on. people think I have a serious problem with it when offering lifts.
rich210uk   
Wed Sep 22 2010, 06:49am
Just a quick update just had the 3rd valve snap on me the other day. So im getting both done at a cost of £60 fitted. This is just the metal shaft that snapped and found replacements on ebay (as posted by pillboxhunter) rather then buying the whole sensor.
AMO   
Thu Oct 14 2010, 06:49am
Valve just went on my tyre - just replaced the [%*^#@!] tyres this morning. They were low on pressure after fitting. Went to my local supermarket and the valve snapped.

If I just ask a tyre fitting place to replace a tyre with a rubber valve, how much does it cost?

Thanks
rich210uk   
Thu Oct 14 2010, 06:52am
Its such a pain the the [%*^#@!] when it happens! STS charged me £10 to fit a valve and balance the wheel. So your be looking at a cost around that much.
Biohead   
Thu Oct 14 2010, 07:37am

Member No: #6049
Not that expensive. Generally even £10 a valve should be right at the top end of the scale. Most will be about a fiver.
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member