or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: Technical Questions

Rotating Wheels/Tyres on VTS 180 (Tyre Pressure Sensors)

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
colinh   
Mon Mar 29 2010, 04:41pm
Member No: #4632
Hi All,

I would like to move the rear wheels/tyres to the front and the front wheels/tyres to the rear of my VTS 180.

However, from what I have read, it looks like there are two schools of thought on whether it is possible to rotate wheels on C4 models with tyre pressure sensors. Those are:

1) You cannot move the wheels around because each wheel's tyre pressure sensor is programmed to that position on the vehicle. Moving a wheel from it's programmed position will result in error messages.

2) It is possible to move the wheels around since there are 4 receivers on the vehicle which will communicate with the tyre pressure sensor on the wheel nearest to it. Moving wheels around will therefore result in no error messages.

Can anyone confirm which of the above is correct please?

Thanks,
Colin.
wozza   
Mon Mar 29 2010, 05:11pm

Member No: #2
It won't give an error message just if you get a flat it might show the wrong wheel. Might say the front is down instead of the rear etc.

Also got the other issue that depending on wear on the front tyres that it can cause more over steer. Big discussing on this on another page. Why new tyres should always be put on the rear.
robbie-rocket-pants   
Tue May 11 2010, 07:12am
Two of my pressure sensor valves have snapped off when taking the caps off. I have seen replacement stems on ebay (e.g. ebay item no 290433112704)
I was wondering if anyone had tried one of these and whether they are easy to fit ?
Dave_Retired.   
Tue May 11 2010, 07:29am

Member No: #1
The tyre needs taking off the rim to remove the old and fit the replacement sensor

Then it needs hooking up to Lexia/Proxi to enable the system to recognise it

Unless you desperately feel you need them, then just fit ordinary rubber ones, far cheaper and less hassle.
1 User said Thank You to Dave_Retired. for this Post :
 Ham (04 Jul 2016 : 15:40)
robbie-rocket-pants   
Tue May 11 2010, 08:07am
Thanks Dave. I guess the system doesn't need to be reset if you are only replacing the stem ?
connellyg   
Tue May 11 2010, 08:52am
other than the sensor does anything need installed in the car to enable these to work. how does the car talk to the sensors
Dave_Retired.   
Tue May 11 2010, 09:04am

robbie-rocket-pants wrote ...

Thanks Dave. I guess the system doesn't need to be reset if you are only replacing the stem ?

On the early type you had to change ALL the valve, the stem wasn't replaceable, the newer ones have a replaceable core though.

connellyg wrote ...

other than the sensor does anything need installed in the car to enable these to work. how does the car talk to the sensors

There's a receiver unit which passes the signal to the BSI but I don't know if it's possible (or economically viable) to retro fit the OEM system)

You can get after market ones though with a stand alone receiver which doesn't involve any messing with the cars electrics

There is a forum post with details somewhere........
Dave_Retired.   
Wed May 12 2010, 11:45am

connellyg wrote ...

OK Ham found the information, take a look here for an alternative: - Click Here -
gtpicasso   
Wed May 12 2010, 02:02pm
I have fitted the tyresure monitor, and it is great.

Soon as you switch on the tyre pressures are there, so you never need to check your tyre pressures . The replacement sensores are £39, compaired to OEM is a good bit cheeper. And you don't need the garage to reset them.
janthevtsman   
Sat Jul 02 2016, 05:59am
Member No: #45371
hi, is this lexia the one I would need to buy to program my tyre pressure senors ?

- Click Here -

thanks
Biohead   
Sun Jul 03 2016, 01:20pm

Member No: #6049
Yep that'll do the trick
1 User said Thank You to Biohead for this Post :
 janthevtsman (04 Jul 2016 : 11:15)

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member