or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: C4 The Garage

STOP. Oil pressure too low C4 1.6 Petrol

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
routemaster1   
Tue May 09 2017, 02:13am
Member No: #574
Connorsky wrote ...

darryl1973 wrote ...

Hello, I have a C4 coupe 1.6 petrol. This message came on today: " STOP Oil pressure too low".

I have changed the oil sensor and checked the oil level, but it still comes on.

I have been told it is likely to be the oil filter as this is a common fault if you don't use a genuine filter. I had it serviced about four months ago and didn't use a genuine filter. Please could anyone confirm this or any other suggestions, please?

thanks
darryl

I know that it was commonly held that a pattern filter could cause issues. Cheap enough to change for a genuine one as a first step.
Connorsky   
Tue May 09 2017, 01:38pm
Member No: #48246
Sorry, I have the same problem Darryl.

I changed the oil filter, the oil switch and the oil pump, all purchased from Citroën. Before fitting the oil pump the mechanic done a manual oil pressure gauge test. He also tested the turbo. He then took the sump off and cleaned it along with the sieve. He then fitted the oil pump as the old one was clogged up, refilled the oil - he used 5w-30 fully synthetic oil, so it has had a good overhaul, complete new parts from the dealer.

Now it's worse than ever. The warning light comes on near enough straight away. It comes on more regular than before. It used to come on when the pressure bar on the dash was on 3 or when I slowed down for traffic lights, crossings and islands.

It has cost me a lot so far. I have asked everywhere just like you have, no one seems to have a clue. A few Citroen owners have been lucky, a filter change or the pressure switch being changed has solved the problem. Others have not been that lucky

Regards, Ed.
wa822   
Fri Jul 14 2017, 05:04pm
Member No: #11198
I had a genuine Citroen one with exactly the same fault. Citroen do not make their own an can buy dud ones, just like anyone else!
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member