or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso General questions

C4GP Luggage retention net/dog guard

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
trev h   
Wed Mar 24 2010, 10:05am
Member No: #10864
I've just fitted the net & i don't know if I'm missing a trick here but trying to extend it I think I'm going to need Paul Daniels or another 2 pairs of hands.

What you have is a net "holes" & a row of teeth angled inwards & as you try to raise it one side catches the teeth & then other side & so it goes on or not as the case maybe, so before I get the Dremmel out & cut all these teeth off, is there a knack to it?

Also what idiot put the rear 12v socket in that place when you put the net in place it renders the socket useless, sits right on top of it. Designers!!
gemma-lu   
Mon Apr 19 2010, 04:51pm
eek! We have just bought a C4GP VTR+ and have bought the dog guard net thingy to go in it. We were wondering how it worked because the dealer seemed unsure. Will have a go when we pick it up at the weekend and let you know if we have any success!
pmc1bai   
Mon Apr 19 2010, 11:32pm
Having had a go with the upright luggage net now to use as a dog guard, I know exactly where you're coming from with the teeth catching hold problem trev h. I'd love to hear if there is a knack to it too as it is very difficult to unwind it into place because of the teeth.

gemma-lu, if you've ordered to buy the dog guard, are you sure its the net one, rather than the solid, fitted by dealer guard you've bought? The reason I'm asking is that we took delivery of our C4GP with the dog guard fitted last month and found that it was a permanently fitted guard. Totally useless for the 7 seater. Our dealer has just supplied us with the net guard and told us that this part wasn't for sale as an add on to the VTR+, only supplied as standard with the Exclusive trim.
dr_gummi   
Tue Apr 20 2010, 05:36am
My knack is to pull it out to over the right length then lock it off on the teeth. You can then fit the clips into the roof and let the excess roll back in by pushing it off the teeth. The problem I have is shutting the covers in the roof. Mine just won't go back!
And I aggree about the rear ciggy lighter

Joe
Dave_Retired.   
Sun Apr 25 2010, 10:44am

Member No: #1
OK thanks to Neilos link, here are pictures of how the 'Luggage retention' or 'High Cargo' net fits

At the top:

Midway for half height behind second row seats

At the bottom for full Height behind first row seats

4 User said Thank You to Dave_Retired. for this Post :
  (25 May 2011 : 12:26) , neutron75 (09 Aug 2012 : 17:43) , Ian Murray (07 Nov 2013 : 12:50) , Owenmall (28 Apr 2014 : 08:57)
Luke   
Wed May 25 2011, 12:26pm
damn that is a brilliant invention
Scancell   
Wed Jun 08 2011, 09:37am
trev h wrote ...

I've just fitted the net & i don't know if I'm missing a trick here but trying to extend it I think I'm going to need Paul Daniels or another 2 pairs of hands.

What you have is a net "holes" & a row of teeth angled inwards & as you try to raise it one side catches the teeth & then other side & so it goes on or not as the case maybe, so before I get the Dremmel out & cut all these teeth off, is there a knack to it?

Also what idiot put the rear 12v socket in that place when you put the net in place it renders the socket useless, sits right on top of it. Designers!!

I have just got my new 2011 Grand Picasso Exclusive and i would like to buy the net. Does it fit in my car? Anyone have a product number for this?

My Citroen shop said they couldnt find a net for this use, so i guess this is from another dealer/maker.

I live in Norway by the way, and this is my first Citroen, looking forward to it!

Please help me...
trev h   
Wed Jun 08 2011, 01:22pm
According to the brochure the GP pic Exclusive comes with the luggage retention net, dont know if it's different in norway but suggest you look through your brochure to see if it mentions it then go back to the dealer & ask him to supply one.
Scancell   
Wed Jun 08 2011, 03:00pm
Hi again...

You mean it comes with the net thats on the pictures here?

It comes with a net here the dealer said, but that the type that only hold things to the floor i was told, not the net thats on these pictures.

Thanks for answering, anyone else knows about this?
trev h   
Wed Jun 08 2011, 04:17pm
The picture above shows a luggage retention net, thats what the brochure says comes with the GP, it's in the specs under boot pack, the one that holds things to the floor is called a cargo net & theres no mention of that in the brochure. have a look in your GP at where the luggage cover clips in & see if you've got the cut outs to take another fitting, & the clips in the roof as in neils photo above, then you can go back to the dealer & ask them what their for if it does'nt come with one.
Scancell   
Thu Jun 09 2011, 01:19am
Thanks again...

I will do that, do you know where i can order the luggage retention net if i have to do it myself? Any part number or so?
trev h   
Thu Jun 09 2011, 02:59am
This is what your looking for on ebay uk - Click Here - but a lot more expensive from citroen, & you shouldn't be buying it, you've already paid for it in the price of the car, it's not unknown for citroen to leave bits out or the dealer not to give it to a customer, mine didn't come with the cargo net because it was left out.If you get no satisfaction from the dealer write to citroen, but certainly don't pay for one.
HoneyMonster   
Thu Jun 09 2011, 05:26am
Member No: #1443
Does it list it on the specification for your car in Norway, as have known different countries have completely different specifications for similar models before now.
Scancell   
Tue Jun 21 2011, 01:11pm
Hi all...

I can now confirm that the car came with cargo net.

Thanks all...
timscarborough   
Mon Nov 21 2011, 08:10am
WOW! C6 Dave's pictures show him ignoring the mountings set into the sides of the boot just below the luggage cover mounts, and using the Isofix points for both positions - I like it!

This way of doing it makes it much easier to do what someone else has already said: pull the net out and lock it off on the teeth before attaching it at roof level.
Respect!
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member