or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso Road Tests and User reports

Hello NOW officially a new owner from York !!

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Razor1967   
Sat Mar 20 2010, 06:55am
Member No: #12728
Further to my thread from the 5th March, I finally picked my C4 Picasso VTR+ up on Thursday (2 weeks later than planned). The car had to go back to a Citroen garage re the power steering, which turned out be a fauly sensor which was part of a recall this car had missed and was awaiting Citroen UK to authorise the repair.

Don't know if this all this true, but working OK on the drive home. So much smoother and quieter to drive than than my old X reg Picasso which we traded in. Only gripe I had is that when drove off forecourt the fuel pump flashed. Why is it when you shell out almost £8 grand plus a trade in they cannot give you any blummin petrol !!!!

Only scary moment on the way home was whizzing off the motorway to a roundabout, was that the brake pedal has a lot of travel before kicking in compared to the old car. I guess it's a case of getting used to it or should I get it checked out /adjusted because I prefer a lot more bite at the "top end". Finally the V5 states the colour is purple.

I think I have the Icare metallic colour which is stretching the imagination to call it purple !! more Indigo if you ask me !

Just need to get some time off work now so that we can aquaint ourselves with each other !!!
Dave_Retired.   
Sat Mar 20 2010, 07:45am

Member No: #1
Wait until the sun shines, you will see the colour appears totally different
trev h   
Sat Mar 20 2010, 07:57am
Member No: #10864
[quote]
Wait until the sun shines,

forever the optimist

BigJohnD   
Sat Mar 20 2010, 01:33pm

Member No: #82
Razor1967 wrote ...
Only gripe I had is that when drove off forecourt the fuel pump flashed. Why is it when you shell out almost £8 grand plus a trade in they cannot give you any blummin petrol !!!

Consider yourself lucky!

I had a new car delivered to me at work, and delivery guy told there wasn't much fuel in it. And he was right.

I never got to the nearest fuel pump, less than mile away, and had to be towed in on my personal RAC account as the new included AA account hadn't been activated - plus all the usual about having the readies to pay for the fuel.

After being towed to the pump, the AA logged the details, and couldn't believe the mileage on the car. 000006. So how much fuel is needed for a bout 5 miles? About half a litre? It must have been what was put in in the factory when it was built.

That's how tight the margins are.

I did try a claim against the dealer, but they said once I signed for the car, that was it.
CE08LDB   
Sat Mar 20 2010, 03:01pm
Member No: #5380
All The Cars I have sat in at the Dealer roughtly about 5 miles on them I have turned the key to accessories position and the Low Fuel Light Has Come on with just 3 dashes on the Trip Computer. Now When Mine was In The Showroom it was on 1/2 a tank.
diesel_dog   
Sat Mar 20 2010, 03:46pm
It's quite bad really, youd think a tenner's worth wouldn't go amiss.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member