or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso Road Tests and User reports

Myway on C4GP Exclusive

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
trev h   
Sat Mar 06 2010, 02:44pm
Member No: #10864
Right, I've got the car, now a couple of questions.

On the satnav, when putting in a destination by postcode, it will only let me enter only half the code, i.e. if I want say AA11 2BB in will only accept AA11 2.

I know it's going to be something I'm not doing but at the moment can't figure it out.

2nd question. Can I change the colour of the dash? I've changed the sat nav colour but not the screen either side. It says in the book you do this by the 2 buttons on the top left edge of the screen but mine are blanked off. I've got the 2 on the top right to dim it

3rd question. Do you get the complete tool kit with the Exclusive i.e. jack/wheelbrace etc?
BigJohnD   
Sat Mar 06 2010, 04:43pm

Member No: #82
Do you have a spare wheel?
HoneyMonster   
Sat Mar 06 2010, 05:11pm
Member No: #1443
trev h wrote ...

Right, I've got the car, now a couple of questions.
3rd question. Do you get the complete tool kit with the Exclusive i.e. jack/wheelbrace etc?

Hi Trev only the 3rd ? i can help you with on mine yes got the full toolkit under the rear nearside seat, as shown in pic below

Phil   
Sat Mar 06 2010, 05:13pm

Member No: #406
MyWay will only let you use partial post codes I'm afraid.... something to do with keeping the cost of the system down and not paying the full licensing for using full post code database.
Dave_Retired.   
Sat Mar 06 2010, 05:58pm

Member No: #1
That's a bit of a poor decision by Citroen Phil, most portable sat navs at 20% of the cost of MyWay will accept full postcodes

I bet there will be a lot of disgruntled buyers out there
Hoipoloi   
Sat Mar 06 2010, 06:37pm
Member No: #6006
I thought our GP was missing half the tool kit. Turned out the dealer had put the lower half in the well, then laid the carpet flap over, then put the top half there. Confusing?
When I picked up the polystyrene thing and saw carpet underneath I thought that was all that was there.
trev h   
Sun Mar 07 2010, 04:21am
Thanks for the quick reply, i have got a spare wheel only because i found 1 one ebay but even if i wanted to change the wheel i couldn't, have to get her indoors to lift a corner up, hunted the car out, can't find the parts that are missing - another argument at the dealers - as for the satnav what a load of c%^p thats going to be, went to pick the grandkids up from new football venue yesterday the road is about 4 miles long 1/4 mile in it said - reached your destination - had to stop & ask directions, still had a mile to go
granduk   
Sun Mar 07 2010, 06:33am
I am glad I did not opt for this now, as I nearly did. I will stick with my Tomtom Go730.
Did you sort the lighting out, hope they have not removed another specification from the list!
C4P Peter   
Sun Mar 07 2010, 08:20am
Hi, I recently received my C4P5 HDi1.6 EGS Exclusive with myway and I cannot change the display to blue either. Citroen dealer says it is change of spec!
granduk   
Sun Mar 07 2010, 12:12pm
Hope not as it states n the new brochure it is standard on the exclusive.
Dave_Retired.   
Sun Mar 07 2010, 12:20pm

Member No: #1
granduk wrote ...

Hope not as it states n the new brochure it is standard on the exclusive.

It also says in the small print on the last page:

NOTE: Every endeavour has been made to ensure that the information and details contained in this brochure were accurate at the time of going to press December 2009. However the company reserves the right, whilst preserving the essential characteristics

of the models described, to introduce at any time modifications, changes of details, equipment or accessories. Every effort will be made to bring this brochure up to date, but in order to avoid any misunderstandings please consult your Dealer.

So that's the "Get Out of Jail Free" card unless you have everything confirmed in writing by the selling dealer
granduk   
Sun Mar 07 2010, 12:29pm
If they have removed it they should also notify customers who have purchased one of the models with this in.
I have emailed CUK to ask the question.
So in theory then, you could purchase a Exclusive, but they could send you a VTR+ model and you can not do anything about it!
trev h   
Sun Mar 07 2010, 01:59pm
I know it’s got a get out clause in the brochure but the issue with the SAT NAF is diabolical especially if what Phil says is correct. Can’t believe this hasn't cropped up before, you spend £700 on a sat nav & have to stop & ask the way, a VERY terse email is going to be winging CUK's way very soon. BTW in the brochure it also says --myway a masterpiece in sophisticated technology -- almost choked on my cocoa.
BigJohnD   
Sun Mar 07 2010, 02:30pm

Member No: #82
There's no excuse for not having the full 6 or 7 character postcode for identifying UK locations.

My Mio "upgrade" went from 7 character to 5 character postcode entry, and I was furious. They too had similar claims about it being world-leading and all-singing-and-dancing, when in reality it was the previous year's (2008) NavMan and far inferior to the original MioMap3 software which only needed the maps updating. I had no reply to several emails and a letter to Mio, so won't spending any more money there. They no longer send newsletters though I was signed up for them.

I took a risk and, with the help of MioPocket which enables the satnav boot to WinCE, I run IGO8 (IGO9 is out now) from a 4GB SD card on the Mio, which has turned out to be fantastic, and has 7 character postcode entry of course.

I have spent more ££s than I ought to on SatNav, and fully sympathise with your disappointment.
granduk   
Mon Mar 08 2010, 04:41am
I have spoke to my dealer today and he as stated CUK have changed it to a single White colour for this years model.
Not happy as the brochure out now for this year states 5 colour changes.
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member