or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Maintenance Tips ALL variant C4 C4 Picasso and DS4 :: Maintenance and Repair Tips and Procedures.

C4 1.6 hdi fuel pump wiring

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
PIC-cadilly   
Sat Apr 06 2019, 04:37pm
Member No: #48088
Hi, first post so hopefully someone can help. My 2008 C4 pic 1.6 hdi isn't starting (turning but not firing). Did fire a couple of times using easy start, so suspecting fuel pump or electrical supply to it as there is no diesel reaching the filter with ign on.

I'm trying to check voltage at pump connector block on top of tank before dropping the tank to renew if required, but can't ascertain which wire is 12v +/- powering the pump (there's 7 wires in the connector block including sender wires) and can't find a colour code/guide elsewhere on the forum.

Does anyone know what wires in the connector block come from the fuel pump relay?....really appreciate any help.
rusky   
Sun Apr 07 2019, 03:51am
Member No: #27768
Have you checked the fuse for the fuel pump?
PIC-cadilly   
Sun Apr 07 2019, 05:02pm
Hi rusky, thanks for the suggestion. Yeah f5/15a fuse ok and power at it, stripped out the fuse box, cleaned and looked at the layer of relays beneath (all unserviceable/moulded unit). Couldn't find separate pump relay, so was hoping to probe the connector at tank to double check power reaching pump before further strip down, but the only connector block I can see at top of tank has 7 wires and no obvious black/red variety. Was hoping someone could help with which colours/wires to probe at tank?

PIC-cadilly   
Sun Apr 07 2019, 05:06pm
Hi rusky, thanks for the suggestion. Yeah f5/15a fuse ok and power at it, stripped out the fuse box, cleaned and looked at the layer of relays beneath (all unserviceable/moulded unit). Couldn't find separate pump relay, so was hoping to probe the connector at tank to double check power reaching pump before further strip down, but the only connector block I can see at top of tank has 7 wires and no obvious black/red variety. Was hoping someone could help with which colours/wires to probe at tank?

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member